Antenna How many dBI's?

Strangle, i never thought about his matter, but i also did not find anything about it.

1. How many dBI are each of those antenna’s?
  2. I guess those antenna’s will be 2.4 and 5 ghz both?

ad 2: see the other topic (forum searches FTW!).

Strange, i have read that topic earlier, but somehow i did not manage to remember what indeed was written there.

I’m getting old and my memories are abandoning me.

Thanks for the reply. Now only one question remains…amount of dBI.

that’s indeed one question i forgot to ask, i asked again via e-mail, stay tuned :wink:

The gain of the antennas is 3 dBi @ 2.4 GHz and 5 dBi @ 5 GHz. One of them is dedicated for the 5 GHz band (3×3 MIMO ac card), remaining two are shared between both of the cards.

@sairon, It was still not clear to me how many antenna’s the Turria Omnia would be having, but according to your reply, it will be 3.

1 - Dedicated for the 5 GHz band
remaining two are shared between both of the cards.

My question about the amount of dBi is answered,

A new question is risen and that is, will it be explained somewhere which antenna’s are shared and which is the dedicated?

Because i am planning to replace them with other antenna’s.

Yes, there are three antennas. Dedicated is the middle one, the remaining two are connected to the WiFi cards using a special circuit which mixes the 2.4 and 5 GHz signals together. There are also two extra holes for SMA/RP-SMA jacks if you ever need them (for example to connect LTE antennas).

@sairon, the two extra holes you used in the example for LTE, so they cannot be used as extra antenna’s for wifi?

Hi.,…in my case I didn’t expect the 2 dBi showing more background noise, though. I expected a lot more noise on the 5 dBi. But like I mentioned earlier, it could just be that the 5 dBi picks up the source of the background noise more clearly so they look like peaks instead. Also, the 2 dBi picked up more noise near 2.5 ghz.