All my LEDs are suddenly blue after 19 Oct 2022 update

In the news announcements for the 19 Oct 2022 updates, I see:

“• New LEDs driver for all routers”.

But above that, I see:

"Error notifications

Updater failed: Failed operations:
fix-omnia-leds-migrate/postinst:"

Meanwhile, all my Turris Omnia router’s LEDs are suddenly blue, all the way across.

In LuCI > System > Rainbow, the color settings are correct - they’re set at the colors I previously set them at, and the “status” settings for all of them are at “auto” – again, as set by me previously.

Since the color settings are set correctly – but have no effect – can someone tell me how to get my LED colors back as I originally set them? Thanks!

1 Like

My workaround:

I had to manually set all the LEDs to red individually in Rainbow’s settings, and then manually turn down the brightness by pressing the button on the front a bunch of times.

“Color and status of all LEDs” doesn’t seem to work properly after the update.

I have the same problem, it seems that after performing reset by pressing reset button on back, it goes back to normal. However, LED brightness it no restored.

I got the same problem but I was able to set all LEDs to black in rainbow except that one for the WAN port. Good to know that there is a brightness button on the front!

With this update my settings for hd-idle were mixed up again too.

@blinkenlightsenjoyer:

So you set the LEDs – all of them – to red. Do you want them all set at red?

Are you saying that setting them to red was the only thing that worked when you tried to change the color settings in Rainbow?

Once you’ve changed them to red, can you then go on to set them at any color you like, AFTER setting them to red? Please elaborate if you can, thanks.

Yes. All of them. Red is nicely low-energy, although the color that comes out seems more like orange to me. Red seems like the best choice for a router in a room where people sleep.

No (see below).

I tried setting one of them to cyan. I forget if this was before or after I tried setting it to red. It looked cyan to me. I then set it to red like I wanted.

I would have preferred to set them all as red in one fell swoop, by just setting " Color and status of all LEDs".

This is what my settings look like at the moment (I stuck “yellow” in to see if it would override anything; it doesn’t)

Same problem. After reboot all led still be blue. Cant re-set it via rainbow… download speed is decreased…
pkgupdate do only this without any changes

INFO:Target Turris OS: 6.0.1
INFO:Queue removal of fix-turris1x-leds-migrate
INFO:Queue removal of fix-turris1x-kernel-install
INFO:Queue removal of fix-firewall-check-reboot
INFO:Queue removal of fix-firewall-zone-limit
INFO:Queue removal of fix-turris1x-btrfs-sdcard
INFO:Queue removal of fix-remote-access-ca-permissions
INFO:Queue removal of fix-network-devices
INFO:Queue removal of fix-lighttpd-sync-with-upstream
INFO:Queue removal of fix-firewall-doublesafe
Press return to continue, CTRL+C to abort

INFO:Downloading packages
INFO:Executing preupdate hook: 05_schnapps.sh
Snapshot number 79 created
INFO:Unpacking download packages
INFO:Checking for file collisions between packages
INFO:Running pre-install and pre-rm scripts and merging packages to root file system
INFO:Running prerm of fix-turris1x-leds-migrate
INFO:Running prerm of fix-turris1x-kernel-install
INFO:Running prerm of fix-firewall-check-reboot
INFO:Running prerm of fix-firewall-zone-limit
INFO:Running prerm of fix-turris1x-btrfs-sdcard
INFO:Running prerm of fix-remote-access-ca-permissions
INFO:Running prerm of fix-network-devices
INFO:Running prerm of fix-lighttpd-sync-with-upstream
INFO:Running prerm of fix-firewall-doublesafe
INFO:Removing packages and leftover files
INFO:Running post-install and post-rm scripts
INFO:Cleaning up control files
INFO:Executing postupdate hook: 10_kernel-install
INFO:Executing postupdate hook: 20_update_alternatives.sh
INFO:Executing postupdate hook: 95_schnapps.sh
Snapshot number 80 created
INFO:Executing postupdate hook: 99_approvals_cleanup
INFO:Executing postupdate hook: cleanup_rc_d.sh

1 Like

“pkgupdate do only this without any changes” – Is this whole line a command you inputted? I can’t tell from all the INFO lines if running that command (if that’s what it was) had the desired effect of putting your LED colors back to what you want them to be. Did it?

How about the devs push out a new update that reverses this problem instead of everyone having to jump through hoops to fix something that the last update broke?

Also, today’s updates don’t appear to have reversed the problem either (after a reboot of the router), in spite of “Updated package omnia-rainbow-backend from version 0.1.1-2 to version 0.1.1-3” and “Removed package fix-omnia-leds-migrate version 1-57”

Hello, i run only command “pkgupdate” and this is output what i posted. Blue LED still persist. Matrix in luci canont set anything

Has anyone come up with a solution to the problem of the all-blue LEDs?

Is it possible for the developers to reverse this in an update?

Could the update (the update that failed) mentioned in the error notification I posted above be updated so that it doesn’t fail?

Maybe none of the devs are aware of the problem.
What might the fix be for this?

Anyone who might have any answers or tips, Thanks.

I got the same issue. I am clueless. I dont have time to work on this as I have some urgent things to finish so I cant help now. Good Luck.

1 Like