Alert on fixed MOX build

Is there anything I can follow to be aware of when a fixed Turris Mox update is available?

Due to Turris OS 5.4.5 (MOX only) - #23 by TheLastProject I’ve not updated for a while now, but I’m having a lot of trouble figuring out when it’ll be safe to update and that topic is now locked.

Is there anything I can do to be aware of a new stable update for my setup despite the fact I currently can’t use the built-in updater to be alerted?

On reForis “Package Management” menu, in “Update Settings” set “Automatic Update settings” to “Enable Automatic Updates”, and in “Update Approvals” select “Update approval needed”.

AFAIK when update from MOX 5.4.5 to 6.x will be ready, update checks will mail you requesting approval…

Maybe Turris team have another (better) recomendation…

I am on 5.4.5 according to the About page and do have those settings, but last time I updated I got the broken build that I talked about in the topic.

The update that’s currently waiting for me to approve is dated “October 21, 2022 5:21 PM”, so that must still be the broken update that’ll break my 2.4GHz network.

Unless you think I will get a new update when there is a newer update available? I would hope so, but I have no clue how the updater deals with updates already waiting for approval.

Maybe the safest way would be to disallow automatic updates, and follow topic Turris OS 5.4.5 (MOX only), waiting for announcement of safe update to OS 6.x…

Well that’s the thing, the topic is closed. So I’m trying to raise more attention because it doesn’t feel like that topic will get any update.

This is actually what you need in /etc/config/updater which will wait for manual update.

config autorun 'autorun'
	option enable '1'
	option approvals '1'

And if you have already setup alerts about updates, you will get mail with list of packages to be installed/removed.

This is actually same thing what @jada4p suggested above, setup from ReForis.

If you mean fixed build alert you have to follow the forum :slight_smile: There is nothing like fixed update or breaking update. All updates supposed to be stable.

Again:

I have it set up that way already. But there’s a pending update (on the stable track!) that will break 2.4Ghz. So that is the broken update the the forum post I linked to talked about.

They may all be supposed to be stable, but this one update IS NOT because it breaks 2.4GHz.

My question is if the updater will be able to tell me about the next update even though there is an update now that I’m not installing (because it breaks 2.4GHz Wi-Fi) or if there is something else I need to follow (like the now closed topic in which I had hoped I would’ve gotten some kind of response to my question asked there)

Well pending update will not install nor download anything unless you do it manually.
When there is another release then the pending will be the combination of all previous pending and the latest one.

So you have to follow the forum and when you are certain about the fix you wait then you can update it.

Updater alert is not that smart to inform you like “hey the fix you ve been waiting is released” :slight_smile:

Happy 2023!

I still haven’t seen any announcement for a fix of this issue and I believe I’ve kept pretty close attention to it all. My MOX still keeps asking me to update things. Is there any way I can be notified when the 2.4Ghz on the Turris Mox not working will be fixed? Any issue I can watch? Is it MOX SDIO not working on TOS 6 (HBL) (#341) · Issues · Turris / Turris OS / Turris Build · GitLab or something else?

Fixed in Turris OS 6.2.2 is out!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.