Dear Turris testers,
we just released Turris OS 3.9 into the RC branch. All our new functions have been tested, but we would nevertheless appreciate your input as to their functionality.
- Netmetr: the Netmetr project has been integrated into Foris as active bandwidth testing tool. To use the service just download the package “Internet connection speed measurement” an measure your bandwidth under the Updater tab in Foris. Out of technical reasons, we can measure speed only up to 200Mbp for now.
- SSH Honeypot is migrating to HaaS (Honeypot as a Service). Statistics about attacks on your device have been moved to from Project Turris to project HaaS. To use the service, you need to register your e-mail, enable data collection and download the SSH Honeypot package in Foris. If you are already using our honeypots, you don’t need to register again and you can simply view the data about attacks on the HaaS project website.
- PaKon: parental control/network monitoring is a new function, for now available as a CLI only preview.
- Updater: moving and splitting configuration files. Files which have up to now been under /etc/updater/user.lua have been moved to /etc/updater/conf.d/user.lua
- Foris: we made a few significant backend changes
- Various package updates
Finally, we have one important piece of information for you. Because of changes in Updater, going from RC back to the production version of Turris OS (Deploy) will be slightly more complicated. Please use Schnapps or this recommended method:
opkg-trans -a updater-ng_59.4-2_mvebu.ipk (https://repo.turris.cz/omnia/packages/turrispackages/updater-ng_59.4-2_mvebu.ipk)
your Team Turris