3.8 in RC: Update approvals, Nextcloud and lots more

Yes, thank you - that’s it.

1 Like

It uses MariaDB, currently no optimalizations, this is introduction of the feature in it’s really basic form. We will improve it over the time - do some integration and polish some rough edges and probably will take a look into somehow more tuned configuration as well. Suggestions are welcome :slight_smile:

Maybe one thing … I was “studying” it (I have never done that thing yet). This link is about flashing a new version/ changing the storage formating. After I have read it multiple times I have found something. In the mentioned link there is another link for “aktuální obraz SD karty z repozitáře”. But probably there is the problem. It’s not the OS 3.6.5 but probably newer. And I remember that someone here on forum mentioned that the new versions are too big to use in blue Turris.

So maybe it would be better to say that we must use the 3.6.5 sd rescue instead of the one (the most recent) in the original how-to. Yes, I think that it’s clear in the new text but someone can do a mistake and use a newer file just like in the original how-to. So it would be nice to mention not to use the link from original how-to. After that I think it should be totally bulletproof how-to.

That image is from 3.6.5 version. We are not generating new version now for reason you wrote.

2 Likes

But when there will be btrfs (hopefully you’d have statistics who use btrfs file system) will you provide new builds for SD cards? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, thank you. So that’s allright, I just saw two different links with two different dates of creation so it looked like there are 2 different versions.

1 Like

We have plan to do so in future (as not doing so would make current image broken in some time because of expired certificates). But it’s not currently our main priority.

1 Like

Do I understand correctly, does the SD card be used for the boot router forever?

And what size of microSD card can I use in my old blue router Turris 1.x for btrfs.
Maximally 16 GB? Or 32GB? Or 64GB?
There is only a minimum size of microSD card in documentation (4GB), but not maximum size! :frowning:

1 Like

Till it dies or you take it out. Then you will switch back to the flash memory.

That’s a shame, I use the card for my data.

You can make a backup of the data on your card, use it to migrate to Btrfs and then migrate data back.

Thanks. I was afraid the card was reserved only for boot and snapshots.

Thank you @miska very much for making the Btrfs backports happen! :imp: It was honor to see you hacking the bootloader.

3 Likes

The biggest card I’ve given Turris 1.x is 64 GB. Tested in both 1.0 and 1.1 :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK, thank you for your reply.
So, my 32GB miniSD card will be OK :slight_smile:

Turris 1.1

http://192.168.1.1/foris/config/updater/

NameError(“name ‘approval’ is not defined”,)

https://pastebin.com/ASCuHLPA

The new RC version 3.8 has just been released.

1 Like

Running on 3.8 RC I have both positive and negative experiences:

• DNS seems to work a lot faster on client machines
  • Dynamic DNS does not work any more:
    105302 WARN : Busybox nslookup - no support to 'force IP Version' or 'DNS over TCP' - TERMINATE 84.236.X.Y
  • Started receiving e-mails that firewall is not running. Iptables rules are there, so I don’t know what it means…
1 Like

New RC 3.8 version… http://repo.turris.cz/

1 Like