WLAN is unstable

Hello Team

When I at the 5 GHz Wi-FI (Qualcomm-Atheros QCA9880 802 11abgn ac (radio0)) the network channel change then crashes the 5 GHz Wi-Fi Modul. Only after a complete power outage, the router running again.

If I the router via admin web interface reboots, then runs the 2.4 GHz WLAN module but the 5 Ghz WLAN module remains dead :frowning:

my Samsung Galaxy S6
also always loses the Wi-FI connection. Matter which channel and frequency. Need to test further.

Thanks

PS. my english is badass

only with my FRITZ! WLAN Repeater 1750E is reasonably stable Wi-FI…

5 GHz is quite different from 2.4 GHz. If you want instant access you have to select one of channel 36,40,44,48 and max 100mW transmit power. Everything else will require additional checks that take at least one minute. Channels 116-132 are not usable in Germany because these channels are at least in part occupied by weather radar stations. 140 and 144 are out because they do not allow 80 MHz in most cases.

Side note: 25mW under SRD regulation on channels 149-165 gives a nice desktop wireless lan. It won’t be go through more than one wall but this is also good.

1 Like

Hi adminX

Thanks for the numerous information!

I have a long time with the 5 Ghz WLAN tested and tried and now runs finally my 5 Ghz WLAn faster and much more stable. Thank you for helping!