WiFi 6 (ax) adapter

Hi, where from did you get that riser? Is it mini pcie to mini pcie? As I see it has input for power supply as well?
Planning something like that with flexible cable and power supply input for Omnia from Turris OS 6.0.

It’s a bit of a mess - as for the connectivity, it’s M.2 m-key off the SBC to mPCI-e, then the Qualcomm board has an mPCI-e to e-key The QCN9074 itself is e-key. The form factor and position of the heatsink on the Qualcomm reference design is such that you’ll have a hard time mounting it practically I think.

The power supply is 5V/12V dual Mean Well PSU. I forget the exact SKU - but 5V juices up the QCN9074 while 12V powers the SBC. I would not suggest running the QCN9074 off power from the USB rails of the A/E-key… likely not enough juice.

1 Like

I have used adapters successfully to adapt a desktop PCI-E RAID card to the omnia so you could theoretically do it with a WIFI card. I would avoid a ton of adapters though.

In other news I was looking for a card for my friends desktop and stumbled upon this. Can we get this to work in the Omnia???

Yes this new Omnia 2022 looks insane. Has an LCD screen.

1 Like

Hello,
Any news for Wifi 6 card ?

Sure, there are other threads on this topic.

1 Like

So it turns out that the Intel AX200 and probably AX210 supports AP mode under 2.4GHz. Used to be n only but with a recent firmware update it seems to support ax now.

Has anyone tried this?

Those Intel cards are only M.2 format. They will not fit into Omnia.

they can with minipcie adapters.

Well I don´t know if it will really work via minipcie adapter, or not. If yes, price will be ¹ the same, but AsiaRF is 4x4 and Intel is only 2x2, so this is not very good idea, I think.

there are minipcie versions of the ax210 such as WiFi 6E Mini PCIE Wi-Fi 6E WiFi Card 802.11AX Bluetooth 5.2 AX210 Wireless Card | eBay

I bought one to test. According to an OpenWrt user, it supports AP mode as well as WDS.

1 Like

Yes, but it is still 2x2 and the price is only little bit lower comparing to AsiaRF, which is 4x4, so there is no reason to buy Intel instead AsiaRF.

Reason could be antennas.

1 Like

Maybe, but adding of 1 antenna is not very hard or expensive.

1 Like

I fully agree, but with second wi-fi and LTE is sometimes easier.

1 Like

Isn’t shipping expensive with AsiaRF?

If you buy as a single purchaser yes. But if you make a collective purchase order, it becomes fairly cheap. I started two of these orders here on the forum and can only advise others to do the same.

I can agree with ssdnvv.
Stable TOS6 is coming, and in HBL it is pretty stable ( at least for my needs), so there will be more and more peaople willing to upgrade to wifi 6. It shouldn´t be problem to find someone else for this.

I would also be interested in a few cards… How much are the shipping costs? I mean if someone in Europe - for example - triggers a collective order, he must also send the cards to the others. Is that so much cheaper?

I can share later on a complete calculation about all applicable costs, so you can judge on your own.

1 Like