WAN and LAN on a single RJ-45 port

Greetings,

is there any way to set up a Turris Mox (Power WiFi configuration, connected to an ethernet switch) so that it has one static address in the WAN and another in the LAN (where both Wi-Fi clients and clients connected by ethernet through the switch are) so that the LAN clients can communicate with the outside world through the Mox?

I tried adding the Wi-Fi interface to the LAN bridge, which did not work.

Thanks!

Yes, there is a way, but it depends on your network topology.
Working example (I did that in my home network, but with a Turris Omnia instead of a MOX):

• Modem — VLAN ID 10 untagged — NWswitch port 1
  • MOX — VLAN ID 10 tagged + VLAN ID 1 tagged — NWswitch port 2

On your MOX you have to bridge eth0 with VLAN ID 1 and 10, both tagged. (There are threads in this forum explaining how to do that).
Having setup this topology, you can now attach clients to other ports of your NWswitch which should be set to VLAN ID 1 untagged.

As you see, one main prerequisite is a managed NWswitch for configuration of VLAN tags. If your current NWswitch is an unmanaged one, you should be able to acquire a small one in used condition on ebay for ca. 20-40 EUR.
Another option is getting a MOX module C.

I ended up getting the module C. Thanks! One more thing, how would I go about bridging the VLANs on the MOX? I failed to find the answer on the forum…