Very unstable WiFi

Doesn’t really change anything for me. Four Omnias, all with the same unusable Wifi.

Four omnias on same location and roaming network or four omnias on different locations?

What channel do they use?
All same or different?
Any airports in proximity?

I am also very interested in this topic, as I have problem of unstable WiFi on Turris. When gaming on PS4 over Wifi, sometimes I have just laggs (for cca 10 secs) sometimes PS4 (and other wifi clients) disconnects and needs to be re-connected. Like a total drop-out of wifi access point.

If you have tried all that, it is probably something hardware related. Thus you should contact nic.cz for support.

OT: 10 seconds seems to be the ultimate timespan for ath9k when something goes wrong.

The PS4 seems to have some problems with WiFi with firmware 4.50.
Are all your Wifi clients 2.4 GHz or are some 5GHz devices also dropping?
The difference would be: if all are 2.4 then the card may be in some unexpected state. If 5 GHz devices also drop out then the culprit may be hostapd.

i have some inconsistent data and wifi speeds. Is that normal ?

5ghz is set to 132 channel, 80mhz , Tx for 27 dBm … Luci says its channel 100 and speed only 6 Mbit/s, my android phone saying smg different. Also 2.4 Ghz is still faster by Luci. I can change to what ever i want and still have 6Mbit/s and 20Mhz. Sometimes at 5Ghz it drops to 6Mbit/s in both ways.

Overview:

5 Ghz settings wlan0:

2.4 Ghz settings wlan1:

Android:

And is that the effective speeds you mean when doing a speedtest or what Luci reports?
I have noticed that Luci always drops to a lower rate when there is not much activity with the device.

Check the values when transferring a large file.

I had this problem before, with clients still being connected over wifi, but with lost internet access. It was solved and is now back again. Any ideas why – or what do try this time?

I solved it by buying new wifi card. AR5BXB112 on ebay, it uses ath9k drivers and works fine for me.

Used in turris ? it is compatible ?

The inconsistent data is normal. Your 5 GHz wifi probably changed channels because of DFS. The ath10k does not report speed so the 6 MBit/s output is wrong but expected. Bandwidth reporting may also be affected by this or the station simply chose to send only using 20 MHz because it did not need or supports more bandwidth.

Sure, ath9k is available as a package in OpenWRT and Turris OS too.

i know where was a issue … some of cables was disconnected and splited from connector … shit quality i guess.

you can try handshaking method, it could make difference and make things clear,.