Updater stuck on ath10k firmware

I did not have a look at it for a long time
but: ```
root@turris:~# updater.sh
WARN:Script revision-specific not found, but ignoring its absence as requested
WARN:Script serial-specific not found, but ignoring its absence as requested
WARN:Request not satisfied to uninstall package: ath10k-firmware-qca988x
INFO:Queue install of ath10k-firmware-qca988x/turris/2016-09-13-b063774393b184c6e1626dec81cf5270cc213c69-2
INFO:Executing preupdate hooks…
INFO:Subprogram output: /etc/updater/hook_preupdate/05_schnapps.sh:
Snapshot number 73 created

INFO:End of subprogram output
DIE:
[string “transaction”]:311: [string “transaction”]:144: Collisions:
• /lib/firmware/ath10k/QCA988X/hw2.0/board.bin: ath10k-firmware-qca988x (new), ath10k-firmware-qca988x-ct (existing)

which is weird, because I did not change any of the packages, also removing/reinstalling them does not fix it -.-

Hello

You seems to be trying to replace ath10k firmware with Candela one. But because package ath10k-firmware-qca988x is marked as critical and provides same file as Candela one it’s not possible to do it now. Does replacing firmware for Candela version solves some problems for you? If I am not mistaken we did suggest it when we had problems with ath10k, but since than we fixed that problem and shipped ath10k should be without problems.

I am going to be addressing problems with too much critical packages as part of Turris OS version 3.8. Until then I am sorry for any problems it might be causing.

If you don’t need Candela firmware than just remove it from configuration (probably will be in /etc/updater/auto.lua).

I had the candela replaced in the 3.3 update and since then it was not installed, but I will have a look at the auto.lua file.
the output of the script is not very helpful when it comes to getting a hint of how to resolve the issue :stuck_out_tongue:

It depends… from my side its very clear.
opkg remove ath10k-firmware-qca988x-ct

–> problem solved. :smiley:

It was still in the auto.lua file, but I wonder why the -cd version was never installed and updates worked before :stuck_out_tongue:
thx for the quick help on fixing the issue