Updater failed on non-existent packages after 5.0 upgrade

I updated my router to 5.0 after it went to HBS and got some notifications then about packages I built and installed on my own that wouldn’t make sense with the new version of OpenWRT running in TurrisOS. I’ve subsequently removed them from installation paths and was told the messages didn’t mean anything.

Seeing that 5.0.1 was available I went to my router to approve the update as I have it set that way. I found over 30 notifications (I wasn’t checking email either since I’m on vacation) with the following:

##### Error notifications #####
Updater failed:

inconsistent: Requested package luci-app-access-control that is not available.

In searching my router for where this might come from I started in /etc and it’s listed in /etc/updater/conf.d/opkg-auto.lua and additionally lists another package that shouldn’t be there any more:

Install("luci-app-access-control")
Install("luci-app-radius")

Since this file is automatically generated:

-- A file with auto-generated Install commands. Do not edit.

I am fairly sure this data comes from somewhere, but I am unable to determine where. I’m happy to edit the file anyway, but it seems like this should be taken care of automatically. Do I need to re-run something to get rid of them from this file?

I have the same issue; automatic updates fail since tonight.

The e-mail notification says inconsistent: Requested package luci that is not available.

Manually running “pkgupdate” on the Turris:

[petr@kuchyne ~]$ ssh root@192.168.1.1

BusyBox v1.30.1 () built-in shell (ash)

______                _         ____  _____
     /_  __/_  ____________(_)____   / __ \/ ___/
      / / / / / / ___/ ___/ / ___/  / / / /\__ 
     / / / /_/ / /  / /  / (__  )  / /_/ /___/ / 
    /_/  \__,_/_/  /_/  /_/____/   \____//____/  

-----------------------------------------------------
 TurrisOS 5.0.1, Turris Omnia
root@turris:~# pkgupdate 
INFO:Target Turris OS: 5.0.2
WARN:Requested package luci-i18n-rainbow-cs that is missing, ignoring as requested.
WARN:Requested package luci-i18n-sqm-cs that is missing, ignoring as requested.
line not found
line not found
line not found
line not found
line not found
ERROR:
inconsistent: Requested package luci that is not available.

So, for me it says luci itself isn’t available. The last successful luci update was yesterday morning.

There is a difference. @petrcerny is talking about issues in the development branch where LuCI is not compiled TO 5.0.2 in HBK since midnight. Turris OS 5.0.2 is not in the stable neither testing branch. You might want to use switch-branch hbt or switch-branch hbs. In the documentation, there is explain what HBx means.

@jklaas It should be mention that we talked about it a little in thread Turris OS 5.0 is released! to have better context.

I wouldn’t say that these messages don’t mean anything. Those packages are not available for some reason. They were not compiled due to some errors or they were removed from feeds, which we are using. For example, there is a replacement or software that is abandoned/not-maintained.

We can not remove packages, which are not available to force an update that you installed like luci-app-access-control or any other which might be present by default. You might want to choose to uninstall it as it is not an important package to have routing functionality as it brings you the attention that there is happening something. What if that happens with kernel or hostapd and we will remove it automatically? The build should fail, but for this use case, let’s say that build proceed and we would remove critical package and routers are not working anymore.

1 Like

Thanks for your quick reply.
Recently, I manually migrated from Turris OS 3.x to 5.x. Maybe the manual migration switched the branch to something else. I never manually switched the branch of my Turris Omnia.

So, I entered switch-branch hbs and reboot.

When I enter pkgupdate now, I only get:

BusyBox v1.30.1 () built-in shell (ash)

______                _         ____  _____
     /_  __/_  ____________(_)____   / __ \/ ___/
      / / / / / / ___/ ___/ / ___/  / / / /\__ 
     / / / /_/ / /  / /  / (__  )  / /_/ /___/ / 
    /_/  \__,_/_/  /_/  /_/____/   \____//____/  

TurrisOS 5.0.1, Turris Omnia
root@turris:~# pkgupdate 
INFO:Target Turris OS: 5.0.1
WARN:Requested package luci-i18n-rainbow-cs that is missing, ignoring as requested.
WARN:Requested package luci-i18n-sqm-cs that is missing, ignoring as requested.

I assume that this is fine now.

Also to response to this question. The content comes from opkg-wrapper. It adds those install lines If you install something using opkg. That is just to keep opkg installed packages in system. Appropriate line is removed once opkg remove on package specified on that line is called. Removing line from that file is not a problem. Adding there something that opkg wrapper does not expect is so preferred is to use opkg wrapper and not edit file unless you know what is going on.

Hrm. I thought I’d tried that before, but I guess not. Thanks.