U-boot anomalies on revision CZ11NIC23

I own a CZ11NIC23 Omnia revision. From what I understood through the forum (it is not mentioned in the official documentation), this revision supports the automatic switch of the device tree when detecting the SFP module. In addition, the CZ11NIC23 should be sold with Turris OS 4.0.1. My Omnia never made the automatic switch and I received it with Turris OS 3.11.x.
It has been suggested to me that it may be an error due to loading the old U-boot and old version of Turris OS on the hardware. For Turris OS it is evident, less so for U-boot. Is there any way to know which version is currently loaded in mtd0? In doubt, however, I flashed the version present here https://repo.turris.cz/omnia/nor_fw/
I think it’s the latest version. But in any case the automatic switch does not take place, because if I do not use the manual procedure I do not find any reference in dmesg, while linking the DT for sfp, I read in dmesg all the part relating to the module in question. The version of U-boot that I flashed is that of January 2020.

A bit crude from booted up TO on the ssh cli grep U-Boot /dev/mtd0. Else serial UART, interrupt the boot and version.

That is the old version which does not feature the automatic switch between metallic and SFP. The date only specifies the date of compilation.

Afaik the u-boot version that presumably shipped with your node is not publicly available for download - perhaps as preventive measure for user flashing a wrong version for their board.

Ok, so it’s always the same one I received the system with.

No, the new u-boot version that presumably shipped with your node (stored on the MTD) is not the same that is available for download. If you flashed the one downloaded from the repo than you have overwritten the one that shipped with the node.

I tell you why before flashing the new one (which is old) I had the same problem. I flashed it yesterday, but I have had the problem for months.
Rather, do you know how to apply this workaround? Do I need to recompile everything?
Just comment out the LOS GPIO in turris-omnia DTS (it should be in /arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-385-turris-omnia.dtsi or so) and replace PHY_INTERFACE_MODE_NA with PHY_INTERFACE_MODE_SGMII as the default / unknown result from sfp_select () function in /drivers/net/phy/sfp-bus.c.

Afraid not

Yes, since sfp-bus.c is Linux kernel code.

If you are bit patient

1 Like