Turris OS 6.2.0 is now available in the testing branch!

Czech post below

Dear Turris users,

With the new arrival of the year 2023, we can look forward to small or big surprises or even remarkable changes which are waiting for us in the new year. For now, let’s stop at these changes which we mentioned.

In the last month of December, we prepared multiple changes for you quickly. If we look at the past, we can look at Turris OS 6.0.4 release. This release brings Christmas-shining LEDs spirit to Turris Omnia routers. We shared the news on Twitter social media, and it was one of our favorite tweets there! We should not forget that we added support for Wi-Fi 6E mini PCIe cards, among other related security updates. The most recent version that took place last year was Turris OS 6.1.0, which introduced VLAN ID support for the WAN interface, and we hope you will like it as it can be handy when using a DSL connection. It also added support for OpenVPN client credentials.

We should not slow down even now, and we prepared Turris OS 6.2.0 with two features you can enjoy. The first feature is redesigned WebApps, which is now using ReactJS with added language support. You can contribute to the translations on weblate. The second feature is syncthing integration, which you can now install in the reForis user interface.

We wish you an excellent start to the year.

Vážení uživatelé Turrisu,

s příchodem nového roku 2023 se můžete těšit na drobná i velká překvapení, které na Vás čekají.

Nejdříve však v rychlosti zrekapitulejeme konec minulého roku 2022. V prosinci jsme pro Vás nachystali mnoho změn v krátkém čase. Verze Turris OS 6.0.4 přinesla oblíbené podání Vánoc v podobě blikání LED na routeru Turris Omnia. Na sociální síti Twitter se jednalo o jeden z našich nejoblíbenějších tweetů, na který se můžete podivat zde. Tato verze rovněž přinesla podporu Wi-Fi 6E karty a spoustu oprav a bezpečnostních aktualizací. Jako poslední jsme v roce 2022 vydali Turris OS verzi 6.1.0. Tento upgrade byl následně pouze pro modré routery Turris 1.x odložen z důvodu problému při přechodu na nejnovější Linuxové jádro. Majitelé routerů Turris Omnia, MOX a Shield si mohou užít nové funkcionality. Jedná se o podporu VLAN ID pro rozhraní WAN, které se hodí zejména pro DSL připojení a o podporu přihlašovacích údajů pro OpenVPN klienta v uživatelském rozhraní reForis.

Ani letos nezahálíme. Se začátkem roku jsme pro Vás také připravili nové funkce. Ty jsou součástí verze Turris OS 6.2.0, kterou jsme právě teď uvolnili do testovací větve.

Rozcestník webového rohraní WebApps, který nyní využívá JavaScriptovou knihovnu ReactJS, získal nový kabát a jazykovou podporu. Další funkcionalitou je integrace programu Syncthing, který je možné nainstalovat v seznamu balíčku v rozhraní reForis.

Rozhodli jsme se, že budeme vydávat častěji a postupně, aby se nám věci neakumulovali a bylo možné případné chyby včas zachytit.

Přejeme vám všem nejen úspěšný start, ale všechno dobré v novém roce! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Since day before yesterday I have been on the HBK branch and received the update to 6.2.0. I have encountered two problems: one with Nextcloud and the other with Syncthing.

1. After installing Nextcloud via reForis, in the relatedv tab I see a congratulations message for completing the configuration, but I haven’t actually configured anything yet. Going to the Nextcloud address I get a screen to configure administrator username and password, user name and password for normal user, and database name. Of course whatever I enter doesn’t work.

2. For Syncthing Turris OS warns me that it cannot download the corresponding package and the installation fails.

News announcements

:rocket: New Features
• Redesigned WebApps
• Syncthing integration
:pushpin: Updates
• Linux kernel updated to 5.15.86
• Bind updated to version 9.18.10

6.1.0->6.2.0 RC1 update ok (no new problems introduced), no unintended cable/wifi or internet downtime. Restart needed.

Turris Omnia 2017, 1 GB RAM, dead eMMC, system running from mSATA SSD, original wifi cards. Storage plugin enabled, LXC containers, tor relay, USB HDD shared over samba4 and minidlna, SQM, Hardwario gateway + MQTT IoT bridge, OpenVPN, PPtP VPN, morce.

New design of webapps:

I confirm the problem when trying to install syncthing:

runtime: [string "requests"]:432: [string "utils"]:441: Getting URI (https://repo.turris.cz/hbt/omnia/lists/pkglists/syncthing.lua) failed: The requested URL returned error: 404

Indeed, https://repo.turris.cz/hbt/omnia/lists/pkglists/syncthing.lua is not available. However, the hbk version is: https://repo.turris.cz/hbk/omnia/lists/pkglists/syncthing.lua .

This is unfortunately a known bug that is happening seemingly randomly. It’s not new in Turris OS 6.2. Nextcloud install sometimes fails with "Failed to connect to the database" error (#891) · Issues · Turris / Turris OS / Turris OS packages · GitLab

Thanks for reporting. I was able to reproduce it and fixed it in yesterday’s HBK build. It will be addressed in another RC version soon. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Hi,
will syncthing be awailable for turris1x? I doesn’t seem to be built

thanks

Unfortunately, it is not going to be available for Turris 1.x. Syncthing uses Golang and Golang it is not available for PowerPC platform in OpenWrt. :frowning:

Another RC is out.

• Fixed issue with Syncthing package list discovered by @lucenera
1 Like