Turris OS 6.1.0 is now released for Turris Omnia and Turris MOX

Dear Turris users,

We prepared quite an early Christmas present for you, guys! :slight_smile: Hopefully, you will like it as we do. Turris 1.0 and Turris 1.1 gets updated kernel to version 5.15, so it is now the same as for Turris Omnia and Turris MOX.

The most noticeable changes are two, and both can be found in the reForis. It is possible to configure VLAN ID to WAN, which can be helpful in many cases if you are configuring DSL. The other improvement is related to the OpenVPN client, which now supports adding or editing credentials for services that require it.

The full changelog is here:

:boom: Breaking Changes
Linux kernel on Turris 1.X updated from 5.10 to 5.15
We are investigating reports when someone reported to us that WAN is not working in some cases.

• Nextcloud now uses PHP 8
• PHP 8 doc_root changed to /srv/www

:rocket: New Features
• VLAN support for WAN interface in reForis
• Credentials (username, password) support in OpenVPN reForis client
• Improved support for PHP 8
• performance tweaks and added support for lighttpd

:bug: Bug Fixes
• Fixed automatic Nextcloud updates without user approval in the UI
• Fixed Turris Netboot to work with Turris OS 6
• Fixed Rainbow not saving brightness when set with the button

:pushpin: Updates
• Nextcloud updated to 23.0.11
• Snowflake updated to 2.4.1
• Python3 updated to 3.9.16

Your device will be updated automatically unless you are using delayed updates or approvals. As always any feedback regarding this update is appreciated.

7 Likes

That was a pretty short testing window in Hbt. I hoped you have learned with 6.0 release that time in testing is needed… So why such haste now?

3 Likes

I would guess that realistically it was today or after chrismas, there are 2 more days to shake out any big issues this week…

1 Like

MOX classic, HBK branch, .5 GB, 2x WiFi, simple config, all seems OK. (*)(%)(+)
TO 2016, HBS branch, 2 GB, 2x WiFi, HaaS, RIPE Atlas, Sentinel, lxc, simple config, all seems OK (*)

(*) for my simple case is rainbow working
(%) except SDIO WiFi.
(+) USB 3 flash not recognized

Turris 1.x, Turris OS 6.0.4, HBS, kernel 5.10.158. Upgrade to 6.1.0, rollback to 6.0.4, upgrade > rollback > upgrade > rollback. WAN is not work for me. Lan is OK. Update disable! Nice Christmas gift

I get that, but who was in hurry?

I have Turris 1.x with the latest update (6.1.0) from the HBT branch.

My LUCI and reForis interfaces are not working. (,Error XHR request timed out" and ,Došlo k chybě při získávání dat".).

There is nothing in the log. When opening the interface, the process ,/sbin/rpcd -s /var/run/ubus/ubus.sock -t 30" uses 100% CPU.

Turris 1.0, 2x WiFi, upgrade from 6.0.4 to 6.1 - WiFi not working… Downgrade to pre-update - Wi-Fi working, but reForis gives error vlan_id is unknown in app.min.js…

Often DNS from connected notebook fails, too.

All seems working here after update: reForis ok, Luci ok, Minipots and HaaS ok.

|Device|Turris Omnia|
|reForis version|1.4.1|
|Turris OS version|6.1.0|
|Turris OS branch|HBS|
|Kernel version|5.15.84|

Same problem. After rolback, unable to disable autoupdate :frowning_face:

Thanks for letting me know. Would you mind sharing your configuration or how you are connected to the Internet? If you are using PPPoE or not, etc. In any case, please send the diagnostics to our support department and we will take a look at it!

Hmm, which browser are you trying to use? Would it be possible to reboot your router once again and try to use a different one?

Which miniPCIe cards are you using? Can you please elaborate more what does not exactly work on WiFi? Are WiFi cards recognized?

This is caused that your browser has precached files. You should remove the cookies from your browser. You should remove cookies in your browser. You can rule this out by using incognito mode or a different browser.

How are you testing it? Which DNS resolver the router is using? Which DNS server is being used?

1 Like

My WAN is really nothing special, DHCP from Turris Omnia.
Jediné co jsem nalezl v logu podivné je:

kernel: net eth2: could not attach to PHY

Fixed Rainbow not saving brightness when set with the button

This is not true, yesterday I have noticed, that LED were on again on Omnia 2GB (Indiegogo version).

Interestingly, it seems to honor the brightness settings for a long time through the boot proceds and switches to full brightness only relatively late in the process, close to the time one can log in into the reforis GUI. Cycling the button revealed the pattern I already had observed, the brightness does not reflect the button’s ‘cycling state’.

That’s interesting as my second Turris 1.1 is connected to my first Turris 1.1, which is connected to the Vodafone modem, which is in bridge and all my routers are working as they should. So the same setup as yours. Can you please send diagnostics to the support department? It would be really helpful to know all the details.

1 Like

Then we have a similar configuration. I have Vodafone Station in Bridge mode > Turris Omnia TOS 6.1.0 (OK)> Turris 1.1 (6.0.4 - OK; 6.1.0 - problems).
Now I’m trying to figure out what’s going on restartme the eth2 interface.
On TOS 6.0.4 when restarting eth2:
netifd: Interface ‘wan’ is now down
netifd: Interface ‘wan’ is disabled
netifd: Interface ‘wan’ is enabled
dhcp_host_domain_ng.py: DHCP update hostname [XXXXXX]
dhcp_host_domain_ng.py: Refresh unbound leases
netifd: Network device ‘eth2’ link is up
*netifd: Interface ‘wan’ has link connectivity *
netifd: Interface ‘wan’ is setting up now
kernel: [ 278.065885] fsl-gianfar ffe26000.ethernet eth2: Link is Up - 1Gbps/Full - flow control off
kernel: [ 278.066018] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth2: link becomes ready

On TOS 6.1.0 when restarting eth2:
netifd: Interface ‘wan’ is disabled
kernel: [ 1016.683500] Micrel KSZ9031 Gigabit PHY mdio@ffe24520:07: phy_poll_reset failed: -110
kernel: [ 1016.691667] net eth2: could not attach to PHY
netifd: Interface ‘wan’ is enabled

Very interesting Christmas release. Due this, I am postponing upgrade from unsecure TOS 5.4 to the January 2023.

4 Likes

My browser is Vivaldi (Latest stable release), OS is Manjaro (Test Branch).

I did some tests:

Before rebooting the router, TOS 6.1.0 (HBT), Kernel 5.15

• Vivaldi (Private window) → Foris, LUCI → Not working
  • Firefox → Foris, LUCI → Not working

After rebooting the router, TOS 6.1.0 (HBT), Kernel 5.15

After rollback and rebooting the router, TOS 6.0.4 (HBT), Kernel 5.10

• Vivaldi (Private window) → Foris, LUCI → Work!
  • Firefox → Foris, LUCI → Work!

After update (CLI) but without restarting the router, TOS ~ 6.1.0 (HBT), Kernel 5.10

• Vivaldi (Private window) → Foris, LUCI → Work!
  • Firefox → Foris, LUCI → Work!

After rebooting the router, TOS 6.1.0 (HBT), Kernel 5.15

[Update] New errors in the log!

Dec 22 10:12:09 turris foris-controller[4218]: WARNING:zeroconf:Error sending through socket 19
Dec 22 10:12:09 turris foris-controller[4218]: Traceback (most recent call last):
Dec 22 10:12:09 turris foris-controller[4218]:   File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zeroconf/__init__.py", line 2969, in send
Dec 22 10:12:09 turris foris-controller[4218]: OSError: [Errno 126] No error information
Dec 22 10:17:44 turris foris-controller[4218]: WARNING:foris_controller_backends.wifi:Failure during ubus call: b'Command failed: Request timed out\n'
Dec 22 10:18:14 turris foris-controller[4218]: WARNING:foris_controller_backends.wifi:Failure during ubus call: b'Command failed: Request timed out\n'