Turris OS 6.0 is released

Coffin? Sorry to hear that you’re already that far.

Fortunately, in my case, until today, I haven’t had a single issue. So, at least here - still far from a coffin.

Have you had any custom Lighttpd configuration? I think, this could be caused by your’s manually editing the configuration, which is not being tested on our end.

No user configuration. I’ve already given up all user configurations on Turris. It is simply the plain system.

Hmm, the update loading itself did kill all the internet, but after restart all fine, only had to manually restart the FW logs.

Nice work! ( now see if fail2ban is there… )

Omnia startet today an automated update. I got this error message:
Updater failed:
inconsistent: Requested package wireguard that is not available.
Any idea?

Reboot did the trick and in my case the Turris login interface was not open to the the internet, I simply got a certificate error. But via VPN I could login without password…

Please check the 2nd post.

If any network component opens after unexpected update to the Internet - it is disaster. Luckily my wife was at home office and called me immediately I could restart the router…

1 Like

Will pkgupdate && reboot || reboot or pkgupdate ; reboot allow me to do this remotely?

Besides web interface and samba not functioning, I now noticed that internal ssd drive is not being mounted (although fstab config file has all info as before update).

Does it mean that I have to uninstall wireguard before the update and install kmod-wireguard after the update? Will the wireguard configuration remain on the system or should I perform a backup?

@Pepe any pointers please?

We are looking into it! Samba is included in Linux kernel 5.15, which we are using.

Turns out after update lighttpd didn’t like old config settings - log file gave the pointers. After fixing the config - web interface is accessible again.

fixed it myself - it seems the dependency was:

/etc/updater/conf.d/opkg-auto.lua:Install("luci-app-ksmbd")

removed this line and passed the error

Autoupdate is done, and WAN stopped working. Restart solved it.
Nextcloud stopped working for me.

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
More details can be found in the server log.

It happened on my working hours at homeoffice.

Could you share what was the issue? Did you have some custom configuration? We added a number prefix to lighttpd configs to make their load order predictable.

After getting access to web interface - had to manually reselect the drive to make it mounted. Reboot and everything seems to work. Samba is working too (I guess it was not working because of ssd drive was not mounted).

You should be able to uninstall wireguard and install kmod-wireguard and wireguard-tools before the update, they should be available on Turris OS 5 too.

I’ve created an issue for the problems with Wifi on Turris 1.0 No wifi on Turris 1.0 after upgrade to Turris OS 6.0 (#860) · Issues · Turris / Turris OS / Turris OS packages · GitLab

1 Like