Dear Turris users,
We have been working on Turris OS 6.0 release for some time and it is time to let you know that we released it to the stable branch. This version is based on top of OpenWrt 21.02.05 release.
It includes many changes like having support for Wi-Fi 6 cards, we reworked LEDs drivers for all Turris devices, which is now using Linux kernel solution. There is a new login gateway, also if you would like to setup and configure Nextcloud, there is plugin in reForis, but that’s not all. All the changes you can find in the release note and what has been removed in this release is our old user interface Foris.
- Based on the latest OpenWrt 21.02.5 release
- LuCI supports L2 and L3 configuration
- Updated LTS kernel to versions:
- 5.15 for Turris Omnia, Turris MOX, Turris Shield
- 5.10 for Turris 1.x
- Foris removed (use reForis exclusively now)
- Lighttpd uses number prefixes for configuration files to ensure a predictable order
- Morce (integrated IDS)
- reForis Nextcloud plugin
- Wi-Fi 6 cards supported
- Turris Auth (login gateway)
- PaKon moved to a separate page
- New LEDs driver for all routers
- Changed default colors of LED (e.g. Power LED is now green)
- Dashboard in LuCI
- NetMetr supports measurement with IPv6 address
- Improved support for Turris 1.x routers
- New Device Tree
- PowerPC SPE utilized – should improve performance
- Knot Resolver by default
- Allow managing interfaces in reForis for Turris 1.x
- Fixed Ethernet ports numbering for Turris MOX in reForis
- Python version 3.7 ➔ 3.9
- Lighttpd version ➔ 1.4.67
- Nextcloud version ➔ 22.2.10
- Obsolete SIDN package feed dropped
All routers, which are using automatic updates will be automatically updated to this version. If you are using approvals or delayed updates, please check the notification in reForis for further details how to update your router.
If you find any bugs, please let us know by reaching our support department and as always we appreciate feedback regarding this release.