Turris OS 5.3.10 is in the testing branch

Dear Turris users,

We are happy to announce Turris OS 5.3.10 release to the testing branch.

Among less visible updates and security fixes, TOS 5.3.10 brings the ability to view your router specific data in Sentinel View through a link or device token presented in Sentinel/Overview section of reForis interface.

Changelog:

• Added Sentinel device token in reForis
  • Added PHY drivers for Turris 1.x routers
  • Updated USB device database
  • Updated RIPE Atlas SW probe
  • Updated kernel to version 4.14.280
  • Security fixes
    • ecdsautils
    • postgresql

If you want to test this release before it becomes stable, refer to Turris Documentation.

Any feedback regarding this release is appreciated.

6 Likes

MOX classic, HBK branch, .5 GB, 2x WiFi, simple config, all seems OK (without pertaining boot problem - see note bellow!).
TO 2016, HBT branch, 2 GB, 2x WiFi, HaaS, RIPE Atlas, Sentinel, lxc, simple config, all seems OK (except problem with HaaS My Honeypot login).

Update of IGG Omnia ok. But where do I find the Sentinel token? It’s not on the Overview page of Sentinel…

While testing v 5.3.10 on my MOX classic I realized that it booted without freezing as usually before…To be sure, I tested it using power cycling on/off, and, to my pleasant surprise, on each of 20 cycles of power on/off it booted without problems! I repeated this test 2 times in following days, with the same results.

Therefore it seems to me that something positive changed in TO for MOX… Hopefully it would remain as such and booting problem of MOX disappear forever.

Kudos to the team for their work!!!

3 Likes

question, did the update process suggested a reboot?

Can’t say for sure, but I think yes, it did.

Yes, a reboot is required if there is a new version of the Linux kernel or if it is related to Wi-Fi (hostapd, mac80211, etc.).

Hmmm. It should be there. Would you mind checking if the token is perhaps shown in different browsers? Please reach our support department if you still can not see the Sentinel token.

Let’s solve it in this thread "Internal server error" on HAAS login page.

1 Like

Weird, now I see it. I’m pretty sure the last time I looked, it was not there (and it was after reboot after the update). Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for link, I forgot about this thread :frowning:

Did this change ?

As to me, not. It remains the same.

1 Like

I had to use Firefox to see the token, not sure why Chrome did not work.

Thanks for the report. I’m closing this thread in favour of the release one. Discussion may continue there.