Turris OS 5.2.0 is on its way to be in HBK

Dear Turris users,

It is my pleasure on behalf of our team to let you know that we are in the process of moving Turris OS 5.2.0 from HBL :lion: branch to HBK :cat: branch. We have been working on this release for a few months, and it is a big step for us as we prepared so many things in this release for you.

The most significant changes you can see in WebApps and in reForis. ReForis gets an overview tab, HaaS & Storage plugin, more package lists in the Updater tab, and design improvements. Here go our lists of highlights in this release, which you will receive in your email as a notification if you configured them.

• New reForis features
    • Overview tab
    • Storage plugin with option for persistent system logs
    • Factory reset from web interface
    • Support for Honeypot as a Service (haas.nic.cz)
    • Fix DHCP range configuration check
    • A few design improvements
  • WebApps: New graphical design with optional dark mode
  • Sentinel: Introduce replacement for firewall logs collector
  • Turris MOX: Update firmware for SDIO card
  • Add RIPE Atlas SW probe, common passwords as package lists
  • Automatic installation of drivers for limited amount of LTE and DVB devices

A detailed overview of this release is prepared as an article for our blog, which will be released in the upcoming days.

We would like to hear your voices regarding this release and features, which we prepared for you. Don’t hesitate to reach us in this thread. Also, if you find any bugs, please let us know by reaching our Technical support department.

I want to thank anyone in our team for making this release possible.

10 Likes

Not yet ready I guess:
ERROR:
inconsistent: Requested package fix-updater-rm-log that is not available.

You will need to be patient a little bit. That’s part of our moving process, and that takes a while until everything is settled down.

1 Like

Seeing https://gitlab.nic.cz/turris/turris-os-packages/-/merge_requests/565 is merged, does this mean the update will break boot for those like me booting from msata and having indiegogo omnias? And does that mean the update will bring the new rescue modes to us?

For now, it does not do anything as it requires user intervention. There will be more details in the future.

1 Like

Turris OS 5.2.0 is now in HBK!

3 Likes

Good! I’m staying tuned (though on HBT).

1 Like

Wow, how refreshed GUI design it is. For now, everything OK. Good job.

3 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Compatible DVB-T2 tuners

I updated remotely via openvpn but the ssh session hanged because of poor connection and I no longer can login remotely. Will see tomorrow when I am back home what happened. Openvpn connects but cannot login via ssh. Will see if reboot helps.

Edit: After reboot everything is working.

2 Likes

Nice, does it support em28xx_dvb as well?
Altough it seems to be Iabeled here as 5.3.0:

If it will be in 5.3.0, where can we expect it to be released?

I am still on HBK (5.2.0) and I runned pkgupdate:
root@ap:~# pkgupdate
INFO:Target Turris OS: 5.2.0
WARN:Request not satisfied to install package: luci-app-hd-idle
WARN:Request not satisfied to install package: luci-app-ahcp
WARN:Request not satisfied to install package: luci-app-mjpg-streamer
line not found
line not found
line not found
line not found
line not found
line not found
line not found
ERROR:
inconsistent: Package luci-proto-vpnc requires package vpnc that is not available.

EDIT: Weird thing is I have two Omnias on HBK and only one gives this error.

That’s because you installed different packages on your routers. We don’t ship package vpnc by default.
I take a look, why it was not compiled.

### Error Message

package/feeds/packages/vpnc failed to compile

### Stacktrace

Checking out files from the svn repository... 
Redirecting to URL 'https://svn.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/vpnc/trunk': 
svn: E170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'https://svn.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/vpnc/trunk' 
svn: E230001: Server SSL certificate verification failed: certificate has expired, issuer is not trusted Redirecting to URL 'https://svn.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/vpnc/trunk': 
svn: E170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'https://svn.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/vpnc/trunk' 
svn: E230001: Server SSL certificate verification failed: certificate has expired, issuer is not trusted

So, once certificate is renewed on that domain, it will be compiled.

Yeah but vpnc is some cisco specific vpn client. I dont recall using such a software and why would I need it.

EDIT: I have uninstalled luci-proto-vpnc and the update went smooth.

Hi, I have an error when updating with “pkgupdate” I already have 5.2.0 installed but since the last time I did an update, I have not been able to update anymore. How can I fix this?

WARN:Extra option 'verification' is obsoleted and ignored for a repository
INFO:Target Turris OS: 5.2.0
line not found
line not found
line not found
ERROR:
runtime: [string "requests"]:280: attempt to call local 'repo_name' (a string value)

Doing a debug:

DEBUG:requests.lua:337 (submit):Request install of 6to4
DEBUG:requests.lua:432 (Globals):Running script file:////etc/updater/conf.d/opkg.lua
DEBUG:requests.lua:432 (Globals):Running script file:////etc/updater/conf.d/selwtf-repo.lua
line not found
line not found
line not found
ERROR:src/pkgupdate/main.c:154 (main):
runtime: [string "requests"]:280: attempt to call local 'repo_name' (a string value)
DEBUG:src/lib/locks.c:82 (lua_lock_release):Released lock at /var/lock/opkg.lock
DEBUG:src/lib/events.c:572 (run_util_clean):Removing temporally busybox from: /tmp/updater-busybox-KLMjiF/busybox

Thanks!! :slight_smile:

Updated to HBT branch from HBS to see what happened with these timezone backports.

The syslog time is all over the place.

hostapd has the wrong timezone, dnsmasq has the right one, /dhcp_host_domain_ng.py has the wrong one, syslog-ng has the right one, crond has the wrong one… maybe there’s some kind of timing issue between when they start.