Turris OS 5.2.0 is in HBT (Testing) branch

No problem with latest RC3 on TO. (still no Foris/Reforis but that’s another story)

Now I’ve noticed that since updating to RC1, my syslog is broken and I have no logs!

I had a custom logging config before which stored logs onto a HDD. I did NOT choose to store logs on /srv via Reforis.

This is what I get when manually trying to start syslog-ng:

Error resolving reference; content='source', name='net', location='/usr/share/syslog-ng/include/scl/storage/plugin.conf:9:2'

If I manually run /usr/libexec/syslog-ng-srv.sh, it outputs

destination(srv_messages)

even though syslog is not configured:

# cat /etc/config/storage

config srv 'srv'
	option uuid '99fc398c-137e-4501-9cf3-8410439984a6'
	option debug '1'

I see you added the net source in /etc/syslog-ng.conf-opkg which I don’t have in mine. But I don’t think losing all logging is a good thing right after performing an update on a customized router.

My last recorded logs are on 15 April, which corresponds to the time of update.

Hello,

unfortunatelly it doesn’t work for me. I says mistake about missing space, but I have 1,4 GB of free space… rolled back to HBS

Please is there any way how to extend free space (I mean copying all card to new 16 GB and than extend space… I tried it in the past, but router doesn’t boot… ) - tried on oldest Turris 1.0 with 5.1.9

Like @jada4p MOX classic, the timing of the update to RC3 went OK whereby I got the email notification and then automatic reboot 24h later, but there was no network in the morning after reboot so I had to do a manual hard reboot. Seems to be working fine since.

I will check this out, thank you for reporting!

I see. Your router seems to be migrated from Turris OS 3.x, right? Because I was able to find that the section net source was missing in Turris OS 3.x. It was not added during migration as it might seem that you tinkered or did some modification to syslog’s configuration file and that it was not replaced due to changes that were done to it.
Right now, it is possible to add it there manually and we are finding ways how to fix it.

Yep, that’s right, I migrated from 3.x.

Another RC of Turris OS 5.2.0 is out!

What is new?

• updated Knot Resolver
  • fixed XSS in LuCI (CVE-2021-32019)
4 Likes

We would like to thank anyone who participated and helped us during testing this version! :slight_smile:

1 Like