Turris OS 5.1 is available in HBT (Testing) branch

Updated from 5.0.4 to 5.1 on my MOX, unfortunately the reboot didn’t work and I had to power cycle the unit :frowning: (I know it’s a known issue)
Will check if wifi stability has improved and if multiple SSID now work
thanks for you effort

In both of your Wi-Fi configs, there is a option disabled '1' for both Guest Wi-Fi network, which definitely does not support your previous statement.

After I found that guest WiFi was turned on, I switched it manualy off (Foris/reForis, I can’t remember). Sorry I didn’t save WiFi config prior this change, so it’s hard for you to investigate more.
EDIT: I wanted to repeat the update to 5.1 by rolling back to last 5.0.4 snapshot but it was unfortunately cleaned. Thus I can’t supply any new documentation.
I understand you’ll not investigate more. I only wanted to mention potential problem.

I’ve successfully updated my blue Turris to OS 5.1 and also I’ve installed the Samba and DLNA packages.

Everything seems to be fine, Samba is working properly but not miniDLNA. The configuration is the same as before, but the DLNA doesn’t index anything.

I tried both automatic update from OS 3.x and factory reset with new configuration with the same result.
The miniDLNA service is active, serving 0 audio, 0 video and 0 image files.

What am I doing wrong? Thank you.

1 Like

I have the same experience with version 5.0.4

Try Gerbera instead.

Turris OS 5.1 - RC4 is out!

Changelog:

• Security updates: mosquitto, nspr, nss, bind, clamav (the last two mention are not available for Turris MOX, this is going to be fixed during today or at least tomorrow)

Moving configuration file /etc/config/foris to backend package from frontend package.

1 Like

is there a point in using clamav on mox? clamav requires around 1 GB of RAM to work properly

EDIT: I should have said “over 1GB”. I have checked few machine when clamd is being used and it uses 1.1GB at least

MOX A have 512 MB and 1 GB models.

Some users might see its benefits and in various cases, it can be useful. They can have their own web and email server on their router and having ClamAV for it, why not. Yeah, on the other hand, it takes RAM like Nextcloud.

I decided to update it in OpenWrt 19.07 [1] and rather have a secure, up-to-date version instead of an old, ugly vulnerable version. :wink: This is just a changelog among things we and upstream did.

[1] https://github.com/openwrt/packages/commit/3c6b45ab385cc14831629e193b724bbb60b67d87

Here you go: Turris OS 5.1 - RC5 is out.

This build is same for Turris Omnia and Turris 1.x routers as RC4, but now, there are updates for Turris MOX, which were missing in previous version.