Turris OS 5.0.0 is going to be in HBK

One more think related to update: when updating ddns there is an error with pre-installation scripts:

DIE:Failed to exec /usr/lib/opkg/info//ddns-scripts.preinst: Exec format error
DIE:Failed to exec /usr/lib/opkg/info//ddns-scripts_route53-v1.preinst: Exec format error

Thanks for reply. It was respond for @Twinkie in response to:

There are not much steps to reproduce as I had been on HBL with a just bunch of packages that I had on TOS3 installed via opkg install, Then as this news that HBK is finally TOS5 came out I just give ita try and switch-branch to hbk and run pkgupdate as it was stated here. I will try to install HBK medkid and then do factory rolllback with HBK directly as that would probably work. Both branches are highly experimental and even my experiments to migrate was what it is … eperiments. So sorry that I did not posted much details. As i experimented with TOS5 i run into the situation when I had no other option than refresh SD card of TOS3 from image but it was my fault as I tried install hundreads packages together then I came with more clever approach to install first missing kmods then libs a and after that ifnally packages. What is now bigger problem for me that i had compiled openwrt toolchain for powepcspe and compiled some my packages that are not available on openwrt by default only to realize that I can not install them on TOS5 due to different versions of libraries as my toolchain was compiled against master so different versions of openssl is to blame and also I see much bigger problem that I was unable to start LXC container of pihole and debian that I used to run on TOS3 even after config migration under branches of TOS5. My post related to this had been so far unanswered so I don’t know if it is possible to run LXC under TOS5 of blue Turris 1 or not or what has to be done in order to make it running. I have all LXC packages installed but no luck. Not sure if create new container will solve the situation. If so I am able to migrate debian packages and config from old container to new one even it will be much more work than just copy whole root fs of LXC to new TOS5 and start it. I would like to persuade more people to help with testing of TOS5 as from my point of view if more and more people try to go on it it could help to test TOS5 to team.

Hi, i buy omnia couple of weeks ago and switch to hbk, it works flawlessly.
One think i would like to know where i can find changelogs to all updated packages ? They are uptaded daily, I tried to google it but not found it anywhere.

I guess https://github.com/openwrt/packages/commits/openwrt-19.07 might be the closest to what you seem to desire.

1 Like

Turris OS 5.0.0. allows finally to execute unprivileged LXC containers, although I do not get the auto boot of the containers running: Unprivileged LXC container on Turris OS 5.0.0

On our repository, there’s a file git-hash. It is changed each time when the build is successful and you can see from which commits and from which feeds it was built.

If you would like to see each change in current HBK, I suggest to follow these repositories:

(and so on)

In response to problems with Netmetr (which are not connected to 5.0.0 however) we’ve created issues [1] and [2]. Please follow any further progress there.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Turris OS 4.0.5 is released out!

nOOb question here, running 3x on a omnia, and 4.x on a Mox classic. Mox classic has basically a basic setup…openvpn, adblocker, and a specific VLAN (on WAN ) setup that works.

Now, is it already do able for a nOOb to move over to 5.0? Or is it still in the alpha stage?

thank you, Dikke.

Turris OS 5.0 is in HBK stage. I see this channel as beta, but developers may have a different opinion. Many users have TOS 5 on production devices (both Omnia and MOX, Turris 1.x is not fully supported).

I would like to report a problem in 5.0/hbk. Is here the right place?

root@turris:/sbin# opkg files ip-full
Package ip-full (5.0.0-2.1.0) is installed on root and has the following files:
/usr/libexec/ip-full

root@turris:/sbin# ls -al /sbin/ip
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            14 Mar 26 19:41 /sbin/ip -> ../bin/busybox

As you can see, ip-full does not replace or install an ip binary. This breaks mwan3, since it requires ip-full to work:

ip: invalid argument '0x3d00/0x3F00' to 'fwmark'

I had to fix it by manually removing /sbin/ip and making it a symlink to /usr/libexec/ip-full. Why isn’t that done at package install time?

5 posts were split to a new topic: Turris 1.x and LXC on Turris OS 4.0+

Package ddns-scripts comes from OpenWrt packages feed and we are not maintainers of it. I suggest to open an issue in this repository: https://github.com/openwrt/packages/issues

Anyone running a software RAID with mdadm on Turris? On my HBK branch and a RAID1 mdadm segfaults:

root@turris:~# mdadm --assemble --scan
Segmentation fault

Would you please share output from opkg list-installed | grep mdadm?

Ok, installed HBK completely new by using: https://repo.turris.cz/hbk/medkit/omnia-medkit-latest.tar.gz

Issue 1: luci-proto-relay can not be installed:

root@turris:~#   opkg install luci-proto-relay
Installing luci-proto-relay (git-20.016.50399-e1df28d-1.0) to root...
Downloading https://repo.turris.cz/hbs/omnia/packages/luci/luci-proto-relay_git-20.016.50399-e1df28d-1_all.ipk
Collected errors:
 * check_data_file_clashes: Package luci-proto-relay wants to install file /usr/lib/lua/luci/model/network/proto_relay.lua
	But that file is already provided by package  * luci-compat
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package luci-proto-relay.

Issue 2: relayed produces an error during installation:

root@turris:~#   opkg install relayd
Installing relayd (2016-02-07-ad0b25ad-2.36) to root...
Downloading https://repo.turris.cz/hbs/omnia/packages/base/relayd_2016-02-07-ad0b25ad-2_arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3.ipk
Configuring relayd.
Command failed: Not found

Issue 3: 4 RAID devices of RAID controller Marvell 88SE9215 not detected
I have in sum 4 HDDs connected to the RAID controller, 1 SSD and 1 USB drive are connected to the USB3 interfaces, but I can only see the USB connected once:

root@turris:~# ls -lh /dev/sd*
brw-------    1 root     root        8,   0 Mar 25 00:25 /dev/sda   # this one is the USB drive to install HBK)
brw-------    1 root     root        8,   1 Mar 25 00:25 /dev/sda1
brw-------    1 root     root        8,  16 Mar 25 00:25 /dev/sdb   # this one is a USB drive that contains the /srv/lxc filesystem
brw-------    1 root     root        8,  17 Mar 25 00:25 /dev/sdb1

Missing: /dev/sdc, /dev/sdd, /dev/sde, /dev/sdf

root@turris:~# lspci -v
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Device 6820 (rev 04) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
	Device tree node: /sys/firmware/devicetree/base/soc/pcie/pcie@1,0
	Flags: fast devsel
	Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=0
	I/O behind bridge: 00010000-00010fff [size=4K]
	Memory behind bridge: e0000000-e00fffff [size=1M]
	Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 00000000-000fffff [size=1M]
	Capabilities: [40] Express Root Port (Slot+), MSI 00
lspci: Unable to load libkmod resources: error -12

00:02.0 PCI bridge: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Device 6820 (rev 04) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
	Device tree node: /sys/firmware/devicetree/base/soc/pcie/pcie@2,0
	Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
	Bus: primary=00, secondary=02, subordinate=02, sec-latency=0
	I/O behind bridge: None
	Memory behind bridge: e0200000-e04fffff [size=3M]

00:03.0 PCI bridge: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Device 6820 (rev 04) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
	Device tree node: /sys/firmware/devicetree/base/soc/pcie/pcie@3,0
	Bus: primary=00, secondary=03, subordinate=03, sec-latency=0
	I/O behind bridge: None
	Memory behind bridge: e0600000-e08fffff [size=3M]

01:00.0 SATA controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Device 9215 (rev 11) (prog-if 01 [AHCI 1.0])
	Subsystem: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Device 9215
	I/O ports at 10020 [size=8]
	I/O ports at 10030 [size=4]
	I/O ports at 10028 [size=8]
	I/O ports at 10034 [size=4]
	I/O ports at 10000 [size=32]
	Memory at e0010000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2K]
	Expansion ROM at e0000000 [disabled] [size=64K]
	Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 3
	Capabilities: [50] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit-
	Capabilities: [70] Express Legacy Endpoint, MSI 00
	Capabilities: [e0] SATA HBA v0.0
	Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting

02:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros QCA986x/988x 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter
	Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 78
	Memory at e0200000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2M]
	Expansion ROM at e0400000 [disabled] [size=64K]
	Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
	Capabilities: [50] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/8 Maskable+ 64bit-
	Capabilities: [70] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
	Capabilities: [140] Virtual Channel
	Capabilities: [160] Device Serial Number 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00
	Kernel driver in use: ath10k_pci

03:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros QCA986x/988x 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter
	Subsystem: Device 19b6:d03c
	Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 80
	Memory at e0600000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2M]
	Expansion ROM at e0800000 [disabled] [size=64K]
	Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
	Capabilities: [50] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/8 Maskable+ 64bit-
	Capabilities: [70] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
	Capabilities: [140] Virtual Channel
	Capabilities: [160] Device Serial Number 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00
	Kernel driver in use: ath10k_pci

Controller is detected, but somehow not the devides.
See dmesg: https://pastebin.com/xZUgKZz6
Using the old Turris Omnia OS from: https://repo.turris.cz/omnia/medkit/omnia-medkit-latest.tar.gz works like a charme here. Detects the RAID controller, plus the devices.

Issue 4: Installing mdadm directly with opkg always wants to downgrade?!

root@turris:~# opkg install mdadm
Installing mdadm (4.0-4.23) to root...
Downloading https://repo.turris.cz/hbs/omnia/packages/base/mdadm_4.0-4_arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3.ipk
Not downgrading package kernel on root from 4.14.172-1-ea5a483151eea3aecd64000c249a47e5.0 to 4.14.162-1-0a66bb0316b4402bf65555c64ceed313.0.
Collected errors:
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package mdadm.

Using FORIS (Updater -> NAS) option works fine, but today the below happens.
Packages: https://pastebin.com/wxqQE3X2

Issue 5: Issuing today pkgupdate kills LUCI (Network view/Wireless view) and FORIS
LUCI:

Failed to execute view dispatcher target for entry '/admin/network/network'.
The called action terminated with an exception:
/usr/lib/lua/luci/template.lua:74: Failed to load template 'view'.
Error while parsing template '/usr/lib/lua/luci/view/view.htm':
No such file or directory
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'error'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/template.lua:74: in function '__init__'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/util.lua:65: in function 'Template'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/template.lua:27: in function 'render'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:929: in function </usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:928>

and

Failed to execute view dispatcher target for entry '/admin/network/wireless'.
The called action terminated with an exception:
/usr/lib/lua/luci/template.lua:74: Failed to load template 'view'.
Error while parsing template '/usr/lib/lua/luci/view/view.htm':
No such file or directory
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'error'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/template.lua:74: in function '__init__'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/util.lua:65: in function 'Template'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/template.lua:27: in function 'render'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:929: in function </usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:928>

Foris http://192.168.1.1/foris/config/

# 500 Internal Server Error

Issue 6: only HBL related: mdadm segfaults
I noticed that the segfault bug with mdadm (see my last post) only occurs on HBL, somehow I did not cleanly install HBK the last time.

You are still using HBS! After using a medkit from HBK, you need to use switch-branch hbk before doing changes in Updater tab. As medkit is default configured to point to HBS.

More details are here:

ufff! ok! Will try again :slight_smile:

Oh yes this is quite annoying feature of HBK medkit. I installed it yesterday made rollback to factory and even it show turris_version 5.0.0 updater started to downgrade to 4.0.3 as I wanted not that to happen I logon on console shortly after changing password with forris first time and did switch-branch hbk which rendereder whole thing unusable as opkg failed after I done this because incorrect certificates. So I had it to rollback and do again and go through only viable path

1. factory rollback to HBK medkit of 5.0.0
  2. initial setup in forris then let the updater do downgrade to 4.0.3 and wait till this finish and router reboot
  3. logon on console and switch-branch to hbk and do pkgupdate to upgrade again to 5.0.0
  4. do schnapps backup of fresh HBK 5.0.0
  5. run opkg scripts to install kmods,libs,apps in this order
  6. copy my configs to /etc/config