Turris OS 4.0 is released for testing (HBT)

Yes, that’s the correct file for HBT branch, but when you pass guide, you need to switch to HBT in CLI by command switch-branch hbt.

We are releasing a new version to HBT branch.

Changelog:

The support for multiple drives in storage plugin, does it also mean raid support or not ?

How can I activate the storage plugin on my Turris MOX?
Is this functionallity in user lists?

1 Like

Hi!

reading this, it seems, that HBT is the same as RC. I am on RC with vers 3.11.7, but no 4.0 updates are available. If they are not the same, what is the difference? If they are the same, why I dont have the 4.0?
Is it 4.0 already safe to use? What are the known bugs?

Hi,

I would like to stay on 3.x until I reset my turris omnia and start from 0.
I will reset it before xmas. So do I have to do anything to stay on 3.x release? Dont want to be upraded to 4.x automatically. I will flash 4.x manually when I reset my router.

Thx for your effort to bring 4.x to this sweet device :+1:

Turn off auto updates and review release information in the forum prior undertaking a manual update, in case TOS4.x gets released (with auto merge/migration from TOS3.x) prior your target date.

3.x and 4.x are in different build chains (work flows).

We released another version of Turris OS 4.0 into the HBT branch.

Changelog:

• zmq: fix CVE-2019-13132
  • kernel: Update to version 4.14.146
    Fixed CVEs: CVE-2019-1481{4,5,6}, CVE-2019-14821

If you find any issues regarding this release, please let us know.

1 Like

Do you have any estimates when 4.0 will be released to stable?

Thanks for your question. Within a few days.

1 Like

NFS not working, probably because of https://forum.openwrt.org/t/nfs-broken-again/38020
SAMBA v4 not available.
In LXC container with Alpine 3.10 both working. (With NFS on TOS installed, not running).

I have a strange problem after the b11 installation with my MOX (modules P-A-G-B), but don’t know if it has to do with the update as I directly upgraded from b1 just before:
Foris/OpenWRT keeps detecting 3 WiFi-cards whereas I only have two installed (see also here):

root@MOX:~# lspci
00:00.0 PCI bridge: ASMedia Technology Inc. Device 1182
01:03.0 PCI bridge: ASMedia Technology Inc. Device 1182
01:07.0 PCI bridge: ASMedia Technology Inc. Device 1182
02:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros QCA986x/988x 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter
03:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros Device 0046

Those are not detected cards but configured ones. You can reset wifi configuration in Foris which should remove orphan configuration. Or you can remove the inactive one by hand.

I’m aware of the issue in NFS package and I need to admit that it is kinda complicated. There was a PR, which was no way tested on OpenWrt 18.06 and since 8 May it is broken. The maintainer suggested to everyone in this issue that if anybody cares about that you are welcome to send patches, which in my point of view is wrong. Those changes should be reverted, I found that I have prepared those changes in my branch, but didn’t send them yet as I didn’t test it. Most probably I won’t be able to test at it soon and don’t want to promise anything, what I can fulfill. If there’s anything new, it will be mention in release notes.

About samba4, it is a little bit complicated. I described it in the Czech section as there was a similar discussion. I was asking devs of OpenWrt main repository, why there is not still samba4 in the stable release a few months ago, it requires to update updates of various packages due to switch from librpc to libtirpc. OpenWrt 18.06 is feature frozen and should receive security & bug fixes. The next version of OpenWrt 19.07 was branched off months ago, however, no sights of RC. In my point of view, it makes sense to wait for it as there you can find samba4 with a lot of new features and packages if you would like to try it, you can by using switch-branch, but things can be broken as it was not released and thus not tested properly.

It does not mean that we don’t accept pull requests (patches) to our Turris OS, where you can add samba4 if you want, but it comes with responsibility.

Thank you, my intention was to inform about the situation.
I am personally not able to send patches, will live with Alpine in container and wait :slight_smile:

I already tried the following options:

1. foris options
  2. rm -f /etc/config/wireless + wifi config
  3. manually change /etc/config/wifi

With next restart of MOX the third card comes always back.

Cron (vixie-cron) is not sending e-mails via preinstalled msmtp.
/usr/sbin/cron[15795]: (root) MAIL (mailed 24 bytes of output but got status 0x0001
Partially can help:
ln -s /usr/bin/msmtp /usr/lib/sendmail
But emails are going out without from header:
postfix/smtp[20117]: 4D24C3F726: to=<xxx@gmail.com>, relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[66.102.1.26]:25, delay=0.47, delays=0.15/0/0.17/0.15, dsn=5.7.1, status=bounced (host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[66.102.1.26] said: 550-5.7.1 [85.255.15.70 14] Messages missing a valid address in From: 550 5.7.1 header, or having no From: header, are not accepted. i18si3909456wra.22 - gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA command))
MAILFROM=xxx in crontab does not help.
After uninstalling vixie-cron, installing cronie and:
ln -s /bin/vi /usr/bin/vi
crontab -e is working :slight_smile: and cron is mailing.

Thanks for your info. My colleague (@cynerd) was working to replace vixie-cron with cronie and gave it to me for review. I will try my best to review it ASAP and include it in Turris OS 4.1. We need to be sure that we didn’t break anything and if we do, how to fix it.