Turris OS 4.0 alpha5 is released!

It’s just a minor version of the libmariadb, but I understand what you mean. If you’re interested why we decided to maintain by us (in TOS packages) libmariadb, that’s can be found in some of pull request in OpenWrt.

Thus far it is not clear which package will be curated/maintained by TO in the TOS branch and which are being fed from upstream OpenWRT.

Our Turris OS packages feed is preferred than OpenWrt packages feed. Packages, which we maintain for Turris OS 4.x and Turris OS 5.x can be found in turris-os-packages repository in branch master. Some of the packages are already in upstream, where these days we commit there a lot than in past, but for now, they’re not removed from our feed, because new packages won’t be accepted to OpenWrt 18.xx. The best way will be to backport those packages as a patch and include them in turris-build and remove them from our turris-os-packages feed. However, we will send more packages to OpenWrt, which we maintain and they’re no in OpenWrt. That’s on my TO-DO list.

But that’s not all. We have also patches as I mention and they can be found in turris-build and there is branch master (for OpenWrt master) and v4.0 (currently for OpenWrt 18.xx).

(aside from the outdated lxc packages from OpenWRT that are being polled in the TOS4.x branch).

You need to complain about it to upstream. They should will need take care of it. However, from you, I read this message about outdated LXC packages a lot in Turris OS 4.x. We’re not maintainers of the package. We said to you 2 months ago this one:

It still same. Nothing has changed since than.

1 Like