Turris OS 4.0.6 is released into HBT branch

By default, the omnia comes with an ath9k card for 2.4ghz. ath10k makes no difference there.

The normal ath10k driver is worthless for WPA3 as it does not support 802.11w with the QCA9880. Only for the QCA99xx chips. CT supports 802.11w with both.

I had similar issues but only with 2.4GHz. 5Ghz working flawlessly. What helps me:
1] moving 2.4GHz Wifi card to the slot closest to CPU with heatsink
2] moving 5GHz Wifi card to the farest slot from CPU
3] connecting 5GHz card to duplexer antenas and removing 2.4 Ghz from them
4] connecting 2.4Ghz to separate antena

Now it is working fine. As far as I made some search it has something to do with interference from USB, especially if you use it.

1 Like

Thats funny. I got USB disk mounted.
And wifi is so bad that I changed it for access points.
just in next room wifi was practicaly not working on 2.4ghz and the house is not even from concreteā€¦

You responded to the thread, which is almost one year old and also in the version, which is end-of-life by us and even by OpenWrt developers.
It is not clear which version of Turris OS do you have. In any case, I suggest checking if you selected the correct country for Wi-Fi networks.

You havenā€™t said which issues you had with 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi, but currently, my best guess is that it has been caused by interference by other APs near you. These days it is challenging to find a channel, which is not used in 2.4 GHz frequency. Itā€™s good to check Wi-Fi frequencies with a Wi-Fi analyzer. You might want to check this article Wi-Fi coverage and router placement. Did you try to change the channel first? If you are saying about interference from USB, may I ask if you are so sure about that? Did you check it and verify it? Because this is exactly how not correct messages appear. If there was interference, we would change the position of the cards in the factory.

Right now, how did you changed Wi-Fi cards that there could be interference (not verified) from USB 3.0 signals if you put it in the slot, where is the SIM card slot. In some versions of Turris OS, I mean OpenWrt versions, you need to reset the Wi-Fi configuration if you were changing positions. Recently, I was responding here on the forum how you should have connected Wi-Fi cards if you are using an mSATA disk or mini PCIe LTE cards. Link goes to CZ.NIC YT channel.

I had the similar issues mentioned on 2.4GHz. It means it was connected but ā€œNo internet connectionā€ . Of course I checked DNS settings, make some measurement and trying other confirgurations, another channels, also reseting Omnia and made another testing. There is no another router nearby I am living in a house. Simply I hope that I tryed every posibilities. Very strange was that there was always good response to ā€œpingā€ command with different amount of data and no drops. The only solution till I changed the antenas and moved cards on Omnia was to switch off/on wifi on affected devices ( Apple macbook pro 15, 16, samsung galaxy s10) or reboot router. One day I simply tryed another router - TP-Link Archer 750 (openwrt) and it works flawlessy, so I dissasembled Omnia, and move 2.4GHz to another antenas and moved cards and after that no issues. It was also necessary to reconfigure it again. So far I know it works. If it is caused bye some interference - honestly I canā€™t tell. It is speculation and I apologize for it, anyway the whole moving and changing antenas was inspired simply by reading about such issues on Turris and another devices.

The bad thing on this issu is , that I did not found any way, how to test it , and simulate issues. It is rare ( one or two times per day or less) and I did not found what is causing itā€¦ If, so , than there is may be better solution. I know only my steps helps. No software changes at all.

This topic was automatically closed after 31 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.