Turris OS 3.9.1 is out in RC with a number of fixes

Sounds like a great job! Thanks! Let’s see what kernel devs think :slight_smile: But we can probably push it to nightly tomorrow and let it ungo some wider testing :wink:

i just got this router and LXC is basicly not usable for me right now due this bug. i really hope this will fix it.
where can i find nightly builds? i really want to test it once it’s available!
thanks in advance.

You can run “switch-branch nightly” to switch to the nightly builds. However, you will most likely run in to problems while upgrading, or when it’s upgraded as nightly builds are completely untested - so only do it if you are willing to debug the problems yourself :slight_smile:
The schnapps system makes it easy to roll back to previous builds though, so you can always give it a try.

Just upgraded to the latest nightly myself, and I will be running it for a while to see if I can find any problems with the kernel patch (I doubt it though).

Currently there is something else broken in nightly, so wait a little bit before switching.

EDIT: Should be kinda safer now

Hi,

so we just released a small update to the RC, it contains following extra fixes:

• fix about page in Foris
  • haas-proxy: more robust firewall integration

root@turris:~# updater.sh
WARN:Requested package luci-i18n-ddns-en that is missing, ignoring as requested.
line not found
line not found
line not found
line not found
line not found
DIE:
inconsistent: Requested package links that is not available.
Aborted
Working on message: 1513669212-26226
Working on message: 1513683549-29824
Working on message: 1513685805-3365
There is no message to send.
r

Hello,
We just released RC2.

Changelog:

• Foris: fixed About tab
  • Better integration of HaaS into firewall

We’ll appreciate feedback.

Thank you for testing.

@Pepe what is wrong with my updater? I tried DBG level but nothink which would lead me to the proper direction…

Post must be at least 20 characters

is the kernel fix already included in the new rc?

Sorry, but no. Currently it is in nightly, but tomorrow there should be another RC, where will be kernel fix.

1 Like

I suspect that links is your own package or something. If so then remove it, update to rc and reinstall it back (or you can use following hack: Updater failed -- after 3.9 upgrade).

1 Like

no more kernel errors with the newest nightly (so far)
could reboot (the container), stop, start all the time!

with the old (stable 3.9) build i couldn’t even reboot it.

great work!

New RC was deployed now with kernel LXC fix, many thanks to @HomerSp

2 Likes

You are very welcome - glad I could help! :slight_smile:

New RC OK (simple config - 2 WiFi, one container only :wink:

I also have a new rc version, I do not notice this problem.

Wanted to give an update on the ‘waiting for lo’ problem; it is, in fact, caused by a kernel patch in openwrt. target/linux/generic/patches-4.4/670-ipv6-allow-rejecting-with-source-address-failed-policy.patch adds ip6_policy_failed_entry, but it only ever calls in6_dev_get, which increments the refs - you also need to call in6_dev_put to decrement the refs.
To solve it you would have to call in6_dev_put(net->ipv6.ip6_policy_failed_entry->rt6i_idev); in ip6_route_dev_notify in net/ipv6/route.c

I’ve added that to the existing patch file here:

With this code you shouldn’t need the workaround anymore :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Awesome work, many thanks! Just pushed your fix into nightly, will see how it does in there and will be part of one of the future releases.