Turris OS 3.8 is out!

Yes, the knot-resolver was installed manual to overcome the issue
https://forum.test.turris.cz/t/problem-with-google/3967/41
It was part of the requires test by @oerdnj But there was nowhere mentioned that it will cause problem when updating to 3.8 :slight_smile:

Thank You. I will update this file after 3.8 then, as I dont know if 3.7.5 updater can read it. I assume, the lines shouldnt start and end with the `, correct? only () is need to be added?

Anyway, would be good to update official documentation (https://www.turris.cz/doc/cs/howto/updater) this seems to be quite crucialā€¦

@miska please help me getting back the foris/Luci webif (see above)

On a standard Omnia the PCI2 LED in know on all the time, even when wifi is turned off!

Click save and apply in Luci LED config menu

That worked, thanks.

But why?

Hi,
after the update a strange thing happened - the ssh fingerprint has changed. Is it possible that this was caused by the update? Anyone else noticed the same thing?

Thanks

Pavel

No, ssh still works for me without issues. ā€œonlyā€ lost my webifā€¦

Iā€™m absolutely with you guys - we urgently need to be able to postpone both

• installation
  • reboot
    The current behaviour is unacceptable!

Iā€™m not able to start kresd at all here.

root@turris:~# /etc/init.d/resolver restart
Called /etc/init.d/kresd stop
/etc/rc.common: eval: line 1: get_dnsmasq_dhcp_script: not found 
Called /etc/init.d/kresd start
root@turris:~# /etc/init.d/kresd start
/etc/rc.common: eval: line 1: get_dnsmasq_dhcp_script: not found

Itā€™s really great that we can do so many things with omnia, but breaking dns after auto updateā€¦ sucks too much for a router.

1 Like

I`m getting the same error message, but kresd is up and running. DNS is OK for me, with the solution mentioned in this thread also local names resolution is working again. With this change even the ssh is OK again.

I see the same error output when (re)starting kresd, but then kresd is running, so I slightly ignore the error message:

# ps | grep [k]res
18134 root     33496 S    /usr/bin/kresd -c /tmp/kresd.config -f 1 /tmp/kresd -a 0.0.0.0 53 -a :: 53 -k /etc/root.keys

It seems Iā€™m not getting the upgrade.

Instead Iā€™m getting this error:

Error notifications

Updater failed:
inconsistent: Requested package transmission-web that is not available.

Sofar I have received it as GUI notification one time, but also as emails three times - 16 hours, 11 hours and 10 hours ago.

Attempting to upgrade the package manually:

opkg install transmission-web

ā€¦via SSH, Iā€™m told the package is up to date. (And also that I shouldnā€™t use the ā€˜upgradeā€™ command).

How can I proceed?

Updated my answer, yes documentation will be updated, but it is not crucial as the old syntax still work and is just marked as obsolete with this release and we will be phasing it out slowly over the time.

1 Like

opkg update
opkg remove transmission-web
updater.sh

But after update you wonā€™t be able to install transmission-web again from default repo

1 Like

We will fix transmission-web in 3.8.1, in the meantime, you can try to install it manually from archive:
https://repo.turris.cz/archive/omnia/3.7.5/
Just donā€™t forget to remove the corresponding lines from /etc/updater/auto.lua after 3.8.1 is released.

1 Like

We have even documentation for this: https://www.turris.cz/doc/en/howto/downgrade_packages

1 Like

Iā€™ve had the DNS issue today. Took me a while to work out I had to disable ā€œUse forwardingā€ in Foris. This restores internet access but it does tend to be a bit slower to load pages than before.

My Omnia is virtually stock as I just havenā€™t had time to try anything else and my knowledge is also very limited so I was keeping it simple for now.

Iā€™ve been able to ā€œUse forwardingā€ since I first got it so I donā€™t know what the update changed. My DNS servers are just the regular ones provided by my ISP.

Hopefully these is a simple way for me to fix this? Thanks.

To all of you with reenabled resolver service I have hint. You can now remove knot-resolver and install dnsmasq-full with just following code added to
/etc/updater/user.lua:

Install("dnsmasq-full")
Uninstall("knot-resolver")
3 Likes

You can change time of updater execution in /etc/cron.d/updater.

This has nothing to do with delayed updates. That is feature to delay update just to give you time to review changes. If you want update to happen in specific day time you have to change time when updater is executed. In reality time you set for delayed update is minimal delay before updates are applied but they are applied at the time of next updater execution after delay expired.

2 Likes