Turris OS 3.7.3 out with security fixes and

Dear Turris users,
we just released Turris OS 3.7.3 for all users of Omnia and Turris 1.x routers. It is a small update focused on security issues in tcpdump and also brings some our fixes.

Changes are:

• tcpdump: seurity fixes
  • updater: fixes of minor bugs
  • pakon-guts: less verbosity in logs
  • kernel: security update to the latest version

You can find more info in testing topic and you can participate in testing next time. There will be 3.8 in following weeks. With way more features :slight_smile:

Have a nice day and stay secure!

3 Likes

Output from turris-version.postinst:
/usr/lib/opkg/info//turris-version.postinst: /usr/lib/opkg/info/turris-version.postinst-pkg: line 10: syntax error: unterminated quoted string

2 Likes

In my Omnia the same

Output from turris-version.postinst:
/usr/lib/opkg/info//turris-version.postinst: /usr/lib/opkg/info/turris-version.postinst-pkg: line 10: syntax error: unterminated quoted string
INFO:Executing postupdate hooks…
cat: can’t open ‘/tmp/user_notify/1501759917-32296/message_pl’: No such file or directory

1 Like

same for @fickk

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry.

This small bug means that you won’t be notified about changed packages in Foris’ Home tab. It won’t harm your system and it won’t appear in the next version.

@Vaclav
How to fix it?

In my Turris 1.0 the same. Notification in foris was fine.

Just ignore it. Thanks to you, we are fixing it right now and it will be OK in the next release.

The message is just saying that we do not have notifications in PL so it can’t be opened. But you will receive EN message :slight_smile:

OK
Thx for quick reply

The kernel upgrade is left out intentionally`?

##### Restart is needed #####
The OS kernel has been updated to version 4.4.79+0-1-967673b9d511e4292e3bcb76c9e064bc-0. Please reboot the device.

For updates of most packages, a reboot is not needed.
For kernel update, a reboot is needed.

In changelog what I saw on github there was mention kernel update.

1 Like

You’re right, there are minor security fixes. Corrected in the first post of the topic. Thank you!

As I mentioned before… :wink:

One error occured at my Omnia but proceeded fine:

1 Like

I’m sorry for that error. It’s completely harmless, we made a typo (forgotten quotation mark) in new version notification when we were adding the last change to 3.7.3 release.

The error doesn’t affect any real package, just that notification.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

So you shipped an untested change to customers who rely on your product?

No.

But writing the changelog notification is pretty much the last thing to be done before release. And even though we tested the changed packages thoroughly, we didn’t think that something could go wrong with this notification, which is just a piece of text.

We’ll try to avoid such mistakes in future releases.

3 Likes

I continue to receive following notification. This started with the previous update. Is there any plan to fix this ?

Chyba z 04. 08. 2017 14:24:20
Updater selhal: Chybí CRL, pravděpodobně je problém v připojení k internetu.

There is a small fix queued in updater’s master that should potentinally fix in on boot. If you are encountering it every day (updater is executed once a day) than please contact our support. There might be some problem with your Internet connection durring night time (time when updater is sheduled).

I get the message only after router restart required by firmware update (it does not display message every day) and this did not appear until previous update…
I did not mention earlier that I use Turris 1.0.

As I wrote. There is fix queued that should potentionaly fix it.