Turris OS 3.6 out now

Can you PLEASE PLEASE just merge the necessary changes into LEDE so we can use that instead.

Hi jugs,
to be honest, supporting LEDE is not our priority right now so the support won’t be in foreseeable future. Our solution is based on Turris OS and we have to much work with it. Also, you’ll lost bunch of features by installing different OS.

But if you want to, you are able to do it, you can take everything you need from our repo. You may start a thread about this, too.

2 Likes

I’m very disappointed by that. I would have never thought your project would just leech off of OpenWRT/LEDE and not integrate basic hardware support back into OpenWRT/LEDE. Also I think it will create more work for you in the long run.
To be honest, I would have never supported your project if I knew that before. I won’t recommend Turris to anyone from now on.

3 Likes

Dear James,
thank you for your opinion.

I did not tell that we are not contributing to the upstream. We are. Not only to OpenWRT, but also to LEDE. A fork of OpenWRT founded years after we started the development of Turris OS.

We (CZ.NIC association, of which Turris team is a proud part) are also going to host this year’s OpenWRT summit in Prague!

There’s no reason to be angry at each other as we have the same interests. We just want to make Turris routers an awesome and fully working product and that requires to work on the progress every day, little by little. It’s a long way on which we have to consider priorities and we are happy that we can share the journey with our community. The top priority is and always will be the best possible product because that’s what we are doing for our users.

We believe in open source and we contribute.

4 Likes