Dear Turris users,
we just released Turris OS 3.11 into RC. This release is pretty big and brings quite some new or redesigned features. So we hope for some wide testing.
One of the cool features in celebration of the nice round release number is experimental support for samba 4. You can try to replace samba36 with it.
Our web interface Foris was migrated to Python3 and we are switching to a new approach to the first time configuration of the router. Regarding the configuration itself, some parts were rewritten a little bit and we added support for forwarding DNS queries to few selected public DNS resolvers (with knot resolver some of them even using DNS over TLS). We are also testing different approach to displaying results in Pakon plugin. We tried to integrate various third party web applications better - you can check it out on base url of your router (for example http://192.168.168.1.1/).
Apart from various updates, we are also shipping first part of our new data collecting and firewall distributing system Sentinel in this release. How to test it and more information in general about it will be available later in separate post.
Full release notes are as follows:
- foris: migration to python3
- foris: wizard replaced by guide
- foris: small cleanups and rearranging
- sentinel: first parts of new data collection engine
- samba4: experimental support
- unbound: update and support forwarding to predefined servers
- better integration of third party web applications
- knot-resolver: support forwarding and DNS over TLS for predefined servers
- various package updates
Hope you will enjoy the new features and as always, we welcome any feedback regarding this release.