Dear Turris users,
For a few days, there was Turris OS 3.11.6 RC and we are releasing it now for all of you. We would thank you to anyone, who tried it and test it.
In this release owners of Turris Omnia router, there is updated Knot Resolver to version 4.1.0, which has built-in workaround for issues with some sites and it was explained in our blog post. If there is someone, who has their own custom configuration file from community documentation, then there were some changes in configuration of trust_anchors. Knot Resolver developers prepared documentation for Upgrading from 3.x to 4.x. This affects only manually added configuration file. and for whom it affects, we send a notification.
We added support for second IP address in predefined DNS server you can forward your DNS request to. And as usual, some package updates including security fixes.
Full release notes:
• iptables: security update (CVE-2019-11360)
• knot-resolver, netdata, youtube-dl, foris, sentinel-certgen, wireguard, python3-idna, kernel: update
• resolver-conf: add secondary IP for DNS server (IPv4 and IPv6)
• turris-netboot: minor fixes and add parameter force
• dev-detect: introduce a new lightweight version than pakon-dev-detect (opt-in)
Enjoy the release and if you encounter any issues, please let us know about them.