[Turris OS 3.11.23] Update not working anymore

On my router the update does not work correctly anymore:

Updater selhal:
[string "transaction"]:334: [string "transaction"]:158: Collisions:
• /usr/bin/killall: busybox (new-file), psmisc (existing-file)
• /usr/bin/xz: busybox (new-file), xz (existing-file)
• /usr/bin/flock: flock (existing-file), busybox (new-file)
• /usr/bin/diff: busybox (new-file), diffutils (existing-file)
• /usr/bin/cmp: busybox (new-file), diffutils (existing-file)
• /usr/bin/unxz: busybox (new-file), xz (existing-file) 

Versions:

root@turris:/etc# cat turris-version 
root@turris:/etc# cat openwrt_version 

How can this be fixed?

1 Like

Is this Turris Omnia router or Turris 1.x router?

Turris Omnia according to the picture here: Models - Turris Documentation but in black from 2017

In that case, please reach our support technical department to get help. They will gladly help you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have the same problem with a 2017 omnia that update gets stuck with this error after a factory reset. The omnia updates to the version of the OP and then you are stuck. So a public solution so not everybody has to contact the technical department would be nice.

1 Like

I also had to do a factory reset because the device failed on 2022-10-19 and was not reachable anymore and several reboots didn’t help. Therefore I decided to do a “Re-flash router” according to Omnia - Turris Documentation. After that the device was working again, but now it can not be updated anymore.

If you followed the documentation which you linked then your router should be running the latest Turris OS 6.0.1 now and there currently isn’t any newer version it can upgrade to.

Executing schnapps list reveals that before the factory reset TurrisOS 5.4.1 was installed on the device and it was reset to 3.11.23 with the factory reset:

XX1 | post      |    14.77MiB | 2022-XX-XX XX:XX:40 +0200   | Automatic post-update snapshot (TurrisOS 5.4.1)
  XX2 | time      |    14.77MiB | 2022-XX-XX XX:XX:01 +0200   | Snapshot created by cron
  XX3 | time      |    27.68MiB | 2022-XX-XX XX:XX:02 +0200   | Snapshot created by cron
  XX4 | time      |    28.51MiB | 2022-XX-XX XX:XX:02 +0200   | Snapshot created by cron
  XX5 | time      |    14.76MiB | 2022-XX-XX XX:XX:01 +0200   | Snapshot created by cron
  XX6 | rollback  |   202.42MiB | 2022-10-19 XX:XX:55 +0000   | Rollback to snapshot 380
  XX7 | rollback  |    85.92MiB | 2022-10-19 XX:XX:24 +0000   | Rollback to snapshot factory
  XX8 | pre       |    72.00KiB | 2022-XX-XX XX:XX:46 +0200   | Automatic pre-update snapshot

From there it can not be upgraded anymore.

Would it be possible and save to rollback with schnapps to the XX5 version or earlier?

I have exactly the same problem.
Reseted Turris Omnia to factory settings (Turris OS 3.11.23).
Now cannot update. Updater produces the same errors as in original post.

This is easily replicable problem that will affect a lot of users and should be solved. :frowning_face:

1 Like

Hi MirekX,
I had a same problem and only way was to use Medkit to upgrade (so setting from scratch needed :frowning: ).

Same error. After factory reset and automatic update…

You can update the factory image (and your router) to the current Turris OS version using this guide. If you’re still/back on Turris OS 3.x then you might want to go straight for the USB update method described further down in that post.

I can’t speak for the Turris team but I doubt that they will invest much time on the Turris OS 3 → 6 upgrade path. I agree that it might be worthwhile to eventually update the factory image across the fleet.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.