Turris OS 3.11.12 not solved issues

Is these solved?

I’ve replied to you in that thread, which you are linking and I think also in the Czech section. The kernel will be updated in New Year to version 4.4.199 and most probably to the latest one. We will see how it goes. This release was only security one as we wanted to make our routers safe against Git vulnerabilities before Christmas holidays than doing that after New Year.

Is there something interesting to you in the kernel update? On the other hand, this release does not require a reboot. If you are interesting in mwan3, you might want to use Turris OS 4.x as there it is fixed. About delayed updates, I see there is reply from my colleague.

Pull requests are welcome.

CVEs.

And why is not fixed in 3.11 and postponed every release?

@viktor I think that this is just plain statement just because you have to proof your point somehow. Unfortunately for you we are not stupid. You might think otherwise but we know what we are doing.

The only CVE fix in newer versions of 4.4.x I could found was CVE-2019-19332 and that is for X86 and KVM. That means not affecting us.

And regarding mwan in 3.x? Fixing something is not done in mere of seconds. It is moved because it is not yet fixed and we do not know when end if it is going to be fixed. Automatic migration might come before that. Here and there we look in to this issue but it has lover priority than fixing CVEs you know. And we do not have unlimited manpower to fix everything in single release. We release fixes as soon as they are tested. We do not wait for all fixes to be ready as that makes no sense.

Pokud máte potřebu reagovat takto, asi si už nemáme co říci.

Prosím o odstranění mého účtu.

//EDIT by @Pepe: My colleague wrote you a private message (PM) according to direct communication was meant just for you. If you would have an opinion that you want to share it publicly, the best way would be good to get approval from the other person. Otherwise don’t do it. It is just a bad idea in the end. That’s why I removed it. If we want to share something publicly, we will do it.
If you have something against the message, which was wrote to you, feel free to communicate with the person in a private way.

//EDIT by @viktor: Po úpravě tohoto příspěvku již má věta výše nedává smysl a reakce ze strany nezainteresovaných uživatelů fóra dále jsou tak zkreslené ve prospěch člena Turris týmu, který mi začal vulgárně nadávat. Dotyčný následně toto téma zamkl, abych nemohl na jeho poslední příspěvek dále reagovat a vše vypadalo, že má ve všem pravdu, jeho jednání je adekvátní a já už k němu nemám co dodat.

You can do it on your own. Feel free to do so. I wish you best.

1 Like

Having seen the PM sent by one of the cz.nic staff members, there’s just one thing I’d like to point out - fellas, I know you’re working hard on this wonderful project and it gets hard, especially at the end of the year, when everything has to be buttoned up for the holidays.

With that being said, these people are your customers, and however unpleasant the communication is from their side, retaliation, reactiveness and general unpleasantness from your side is considered unprofessional.

Just a small reminder from a fellow developer who has dealt with nosy customers before.

Happy holidays, and enjoy the break, you all deserve it.

1 Like

Thank you for feedback. I appreciate it.

On the other hand I have to point out that here on forum everyone is just forum user. I personally do not differentiate customers on forum. Forum is not official support so I don’t see a reason why we should be sterile here. On the other hand I see point about throwing bad light on project. That is also a reason why my colleague removed posted PM.

That PM was intended as harsh warning. Victor was misbehaving and was warned few times already. He received few even harsher public responses even by community members. Here it was posted pretty much out of context and because of that harshness might seem too much. It might have been…

Můžete mi prosím sdělit, proč bylo potřeba mě “tvrdě varovat”, co je na mém “chování špatné” a jaké jsem obdržel “přísnější reakce” od členů komunity?

A také proč jste mi v soukromé zprávě (kterou zde nemohu zveřejnit v celé podobě, protože ji jinak potřetí smažete) napsal, že se chovám “jak hovado”, dělám z “vás debily” a představuji si vývoj jako “hurvínek válku”?

Opravdu se takto chováte běžně, když “nevidíte důvod být sterilní”?

I am sorry to everyone, as it makes no sense to continue in English when viktor is responding in Czech no matter what.

Dobrá. Když to chcete řešit veřejně, tak to pojďme řešit veřejně. Mohl jste mi napsat stejně sprostou a naštvanou zprávu jako já vám, věřím, že frustrace na to máte dost. Vy jste ale byl nucen, poznamenám, opět vytáhnout komunikaci s moderátory o nevhodnosti vašeho chování na veřejnost.

Chováte se jako hovado, protože nerespektujete ostatní diskutující. Nerespektujete doporučení které vám dají moderátoři a ostatní diskutující. Nerespektujete standardní vzorce chování.

Dovolím si osobně tvrdit, že z nás děláte debily, když prohlašujete že neopravujeme CVE v kernelu. Tím, že šíříte vehementně představu, že se kernel nebude updatovat, přestože vám kolega říkal úplný opak. S tím souvisí i další poznámka. Představujete si to jako hurvínek válku podle mě, protože chcete update kernelu a to hned a zároveň jsme podle vás neschopní udržet stabilitu. Bohužel to jde ruku v ruce a pokud vám to po několikáte zatím stále nedošlo tak znovu: update kernelu bude, žádné CVE nám známe neopravuje a bude až budeme vědět, že příčina pádů se opravila. Na to ovšem je nutní přijít na tu příčinu a věřte mi, že to není tak snadné.

A pokud jde o přísnější reakce od komunity, tak třeba zde Turris OS 4.0.2 is out!. Takové krásné vyjmutí ze všech a upozornění, že se do anglických sekcí česky nepíše. Uvědomil jste si, že jste jeden z hlavních důvodů následujícího topiku? Stop posting (and especially answering) in czech please!

Proč bych Vám měl psát nějakou “sprostou a naštvanou” zprávu? Podle čeho usuzujete, že jsem frustrovaný? Z jakého důvodu pokračujete v urážkách? Trváte na tom, že má reakce na tohle měla být anglicky?

Take a deep breath and stop it! You are a toxic element. There is no point in continuing in this direction. I too was really frustrated at first with so many small problems. Some are correct, others are still there and maybe there will be. But there is also a lot of great work and I started to appreciate it strongly. This is a discussion forum. Nobody owes anything to anyone. Nor is it an assistance channel, as has already been explained to you. In addition, you make the environment unhealthy by continuing to write in Czech in the English section. You asked for your account to be deleted and I agree, delete it yourself, you will see that you will be much better later. This is even becoming pathetic and leads to general embarrassment.

2 Likes