Just like Entries in Hosts file or in custom hosts file ignored, I am also trying to blacklist some urls via the hosts file. I have updated the /etc/hosts file and added the entry in it.
My problem is I can ping the one test domain entry that I have placed in /etc/hosts file using ping at /luci/admin/network/diagnostics. BUT, I can not resolve the entry from my computer. I am not using any custom settings for IP or DNS. IPCONFIG shows the DNS on my computer is the TO’s address.
I have tried to follow DNS tricks for Omnia and knot-resolver
Now we are in version 4.4, I do not know if I have to do anything else other then adding an entry in hosts file.