Sunrise (Switzerland) SFP VLAN

I finally removed the router I received from my ISP, Sunrise (Switzerland), which was in front of my Omnia Turris. Now I am able to connect directly via Omnia Turris and its SFP port to the fiber/internet. Since the Sunrise support was of little help during the switching I would like to write down how to configure the interface for other users who might have the same issue.

SFP module (provided by Sunrise)
SFP-31W2A(SM-10)-DR
LCS/1.25M/G/SM10/T131-R155/D/P

Network configuration
Was actually straight forward, the only info missing was the vlan id which is 10 (as found in this forum) by which all packets have to be tagged. Here is explained how to adapt the physical interface accordingly. Following an excerpt of my /etc/config/network:

config interface 'wan'
	option proto 'dhcp'
	option ifname 'eth1.10'

That’s it, hope it helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,

thanks for hint. Could you hint us, how did you finally know about VLAN ID? It could help figuring out also other ISPs…

True, that would be very useful indeed. Unfortunately there was no magic involved: I googled and eventually found in forums different ID’s which I tried out and luckily one of it was a hit. I updated my answer accordingly.

Otherwise there would be the option to sniff the packets coming out of the ISP’s router (i.e. using a fiber-to-ethernet adapter which is then connected to the router) in order to find the vlan id.