Sometimes devices can’t see each other

The symptoms I’m experiencing seem to be similar to the issues outlined in this post but I’m running 5.3.3 with the ct drivers.

I noticed it first when trying to figure out why I couldn’t connect to a wireless printer from a regular wired client. After chasing things down, making sure the printer was online, I ended up being able to connect to it from the wired client.

After all that, I tried connecting to it from a wireless client and that didn’t work. I tried connecting via 5ghz as well as 2.4ghz clients with no avail. I also tried pinging from other random wireless clients to another with the same results.

One exception was my MacBook Pro running Monterey, which had no issue with connecting to any other hosts. But it’s running a VPN for work, so I don’t know if that had anything to do with it. The rest of the hosts are a mix of Windows 10, Debian and, of course, the printer.

After reading through the post mentioned above, I decided to reboot the router and after reboot had no issue connecting.

This seems to be an issue with uptime as my uptime was around 30 days (probably since the last update). I’ll see if I still have an issue if my uptime gets to be another month, but I’m curious to know if anyone else has had any similar issues.