Some Pakon questions (esp. Foris interface)

I’m just playing with Pakon. I noticed that I have pakon-show and it workjs fine, but no Foris interface. So I followed these instructions:

https://doc.turris.cz/doc/en/howto/pakon

I see Pakon on Foris, but when I open the tab a pop up just says “Failed to load data”

So I’m interested in how to diagnose that and what’s up.

Possible issues include that before doing this I checked in Luci and found these two packages:

• foris-pakon-plugin
  • foris-controller-pakon-module

and I wonder if that was wise. What does foris-controller-pakon-module provide? And did installing these through Luci break my Pakon install? Rather than experiment too heavily I thought I’d check on this first. pakon-show seems to work fine (bar the MAC name conversion).

Hello,

Can I know, which Turris OS version do you have and can you please try it also in a different browser, so we’ll see, if this is browser related?

1 Like

Was on Firefox, and so I just tried Chrome and same result. Different look to the pop up, but same text: Failed to load data. And Foris reports:

About
Device Turris Omnia - rtrom01
Serial number 47244708159
Turris OS version 3.10.1
Kernel version 4.4.131-a2dbf3bef3d0c1f725e0a5f0801935a1-2

You might want to checkout this thread:

Dang, just tried that and same result :-(. May try a router restart later.

OK, restarted the router, alas, still had failed to load data. But let it be for a while, maybe an hour or so while I go on with some other jobs, and then came to report as much here, but before doing went to check again and grab a screen shot if needed, and … it now loads. So all done! it seems to be loading data now. So off I go and check what it says!