[Solved] Pkgupdate not working (probably after update 3.10.1)

Hello all,
after update to 3.10.1 I cannot run pkgupdate. I have this error message:

root@turris:~# pkgupdate
WARN:Couldn’t read the status file: [string “backend”]:1172: [string “backend”]:1163: Failed to lock the lock file //var/lock/opkg.lock: Resource temporarily unavailable
WARN:Requested package luci-i18n-ddns-en that is missing, ignoring as requested.
line not found
line not found
line not found
[string “backend”]:1172: [string “backend”]:1163: Failed to lock the lock file //var/lock/opkg.lock: Resource temporarily unavailable

in LUCI is the same:

Collected errors:

  • opkg_conf_load: Could not lock /var/lock/opkg.lock: Resource temporarily unavailable.

Restart does not help, some services are not working (NAS, OpenVPN server, Sending of uCollect data, Sending of firewall logs, Cloud backup), access to internet (router + switch) is working

Any idea?


Jan K.

It means that update is in progress, it should resolve itself after a while. Reboot doesn’t help as with reboot you interrupt the update and once your router boots up, it starts updating again.

I thought the same but restart was 40 hours ago (yesterday).

Jan K.

Stop & disable the ddns service, reboot, let the updater finish, then re-enable and restart the ddns service.

1 Like

Thanks @bdeblier, I just stopped ddns service, killed pkgupdate and run it manually. It finished successfully, after reboot everything is running correctly.

1 Like

Had the same problem, solution worked here too. Thanks @bdeblier

1 Like

Same issue when upgrading from 5.0.2 to 5.0.4.

Same issue when upgrading from 5.0.4 to 5.1.1.

It is not an issue. Updater is running in the background. Update is probably still in the progress.

The update remains blocked executing ddns-scripts's post-installation scripts until the ddns service is stopped manually as @bdeblier suggests, at least for 10 minutes (when I ran out of patience), perhaps indefinetly. When ddns is stopped the updater process immediately resumes the remaining operations. Hard to believe this is expected behaviour.

There is long standing issue about that: https://gitlab.nic.cz/turris/turris-os-packages/-/issues/265

It is expected behavior as updater is waiting for script to do its thing. It would be killed in the end but timeout to termination is 100 minutes so 10 minutes is really short time compared to it. It is not updater’s fault that script is not terminating, it is fault of author of that script.

Thanks. I understand that’s beyond your control. Pity you could not reproduce it :slight_smile: