Restarting Omnia setup from scratch after persisting trouble

Hi all,

I’m facing untraceable wifi trouble since I received my Omnia. I’m frequently disconnected or having a connection with no data. Since these problems happen on multiple devices I’m suspecting the Omnia. I have tried many suggestions I found on this forum but nothing helped thus far. I’m now planning to do the following until resolved:
1: check antenna connections
2: reset wifi setting through the foris interface
3: reflash the omnia and start from scratch
4: look more closely into the setup of the antenna’s and minipci setup, especially with the USB interference issue (I’m not using any USB devices btw)
5: buy new minipci wlan cards

Anybody any other suggestions or feedback?

Rg,

Arnaud

Try disabling TKIP. LuCI > Network > Wireless > Wireless Security Force CCMP (AES). It should be turned off by default, but anyway.

Souhrn

Check if you have ath10k-firmware-qca988x driver installed in LuCI > System > Software.

Try to scan in LuCI > Network > Wireless neighbouring Wi-Fi. And select manually channel which is not in use. I’ve 5 GHz set to 36 and 2.4 GHz some channel not in use by neighbours.

Or try to switch off 5 GHz Wi-Fi or try to switch it to 2.4 GHz.

I see a fundamental error in channel setup:

2.4GHz manually set the channel between 1 and 11 (eg 5th channel)
5GHz manually set channel outside DSF (eg 36th channel)

Manually set 5G channel and region? That worked here. Region on World, channel 48.

I’ve reset the wifi settings in the foris interface.

The 5Ghz wifi is now using WPA2 PSK (CCMP) and on Channel: 36 (5.180 GHz)
2.4 Ghz is now using WPA2 PSK (CCMP) and on channel 7 (2.442 GHz)

I have ath10k-firmware-qca988x 2018-09-06-327ee47ed6…f-1 installed. (no change from previous)

I’m first going to see how it is now.

Thanks for suggestion so far!

Rg,

Arnaud

Ok, I’ve tested these changes for a while. At first I thought it was doing better but it’s as bad or even worse now. My android phone even marks the wifi as disabled now and then because of frequent failures.

I still don’t know how to debug this. Logs don’t show any hints.

I’m going to open up the turris omnia to see how the antennas are wired.

Rg,

Arnaud