Reset an old Turris Omnia?

Hi

I need some help regarding an old Turris Omnia unit that has not been used since a while. I try to reset it, so I can get access back at it, do updates and see if it works fine yet.
I pushed 5 seconds the reset button, then wait it resets, and then when I connect with computer on router IP, it asks me for a password that I can’t find out anywhere :frowning: Documentation states it should ask me for a new password !
Reset not working ? unit defective ? Firmware really old ?
As I’m not sure which model it is I enclose below an inside picture (looks like I had installed in it an SSD).
IMG_20220411_152753

Thanks

Vincèn

By this you did standard reboot, AFIK. See Omnia - Turris Documentation You’ll most probably need factory reset (or flash from internet). Be warned - both of them will remove any of your previous changes/settings… and you’ll not need any password :wink:

1 Like

Why removing previous settings? Just use unsecure shell or (for new or updated Omnias) unsecure SSH (my choice).

Thanks for the link as the other tutorial I had found was stating only to hold 5s the reset button ! With that one I got the proper reset procedure which worked fine :point_up: Once resetted it made all its updates from v3 to v5 and now running the mode modern GUI and so ready for second hand sale :wink:

Thanks for your help,

Vincèn

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.