Port Forwarding not working?

That was quick. Thanks.
So you think I can put all my devices behind my router while my modem is DMZ?
Do I have to open specific ports?

No port is open in default. Ports Open Honeypot, Haas-proxy or set port forwarding.

If install Haas-proxy … port 22

Honeypots

Port forward

In case all ports are open it is absolutely not safe. It would be an enormous job to close all many thousands of ports.

I think you should do DMZ as a solution and report back. Mark solved if worked. Be sure to put all your devices behind omnia!

The default is indeed a Home Gateway (HGW) device with a built-in router, but you can actually request a modem-only device. I have such a modem-only setup at home. But you have to really insist to get one. I can probably tell you more in a few days, because with the speed upgrade to 300Mbps, I need a newer modem. So I’ll need to convince them again I need a modem-only. Telenet tech support told me there is a new modem-only variant available and I should be able to get one.

Yes it is possible to get a modem-only device but it is only given to customers with business contract and fixed IP. Fixed IP costs about €40

Exactly what you need (if this modem can gateway). 40 EUR is not a large amount (Nor for me from CZ :slight_smile: )

No, that’s not correct. I have a standard consumer contract with a dynamic IP, but I do have a modem-only. This weekend I replaced my modem, and I had no problem getting a modem-only again (24*8 CV7160E EMTA 3.0). All I had to do was ask for it!

I contacted my ISP and they will come to install my modem-only 4th of november.
It will cost me €85 for the technician to come.
A fixed IP costs about €40/month.

€40/month, not a large amount?

1 Like

Today my ISP installed my modem, but I still have the same problem. Connecting to 94.225.230.203:8048 gives me connection time out.
Connecting to 94.225.230.203:8058 is ok.
So it means there still must be a port forwarding problem.

How does youre forwarding look like? In this time you have no one opened port in range 1-1024 a and range 8040-8060.

How do you know I have no ports open in range 1-1024 and range 8040-8060?

You’ve changed dest_zone to lan ?

In system-startup I see the disabled and enabled initscripts.
I noticed portmap is set to disabled. Should it be set to enabled?

please where do I find this configuration?

edit: I too cannot get port-forwarding to work on my Omnia. TurrisOS 6.0.4

edit edit: nevermind, I found it in Luci /cgi-bin/luci/admin/system/startup
On my version, there is no portmap service however. Please does anybody knows what is responsible for port-forwarding these days?