Poor 5GHz coverage [FIXED, old phone at fault]

I tried to find out but it seems that the mSATA specification is not freely available (paywall) and other sources on Google’s search results didn’t help.

I would suspect the standard power ratings to be the same for mSATA and miniPCIe. In the case of miniPCIe the maximum normal power for 3.3V is 3.63W and the maximum peak power for 3.3V is 9W (100-microsecond period).

BTW WLE200N2 is rated 1.9W(Max) and WLE900VX is rated 4.7 W(Max). In the worst case their power consumption together is 6.6W and half of it is 3.3W so the lower rating of WLE200N2 might help balance the higher max power rating of WLE900VX. I don’t know typical values for the cards.

Too bad.

addition to the 5 GHz tx-power issue: I was trying to calculate how much power my Omnia was using and i stumbled upon on this…

http://www.compexshop.com/product_info.php?currency=CZK&products_id=452

2.4GHz maximum 21dBm output power
5GHz maximum 20dBm output power (per chain)

So it’s no use to even try to set all on 22-27 dBm.

Every chain doubles the output power. So 20 dbm * 3 chains gives 26dbm. Add the antenna gain of 5 dbi and you get 31 dBm EIRP. Take away up to 1 db signal loss in the cable, connectors and diplexers and you are at 30dbm EIRP. This is the regulatory limit for 5 GHz in germany if you have working TPC.

1 Like

aaha…thanks for clarifying it.

You might missed this nice post about ‘cables’ …