Optional migration from Turris OS 3.x for advanced users

Well, that was a bust.

I tried the instructions at https://docs.turris.cz/geek/tos3_migration/ :

opkg-cl update
opkg-cl install tos3to4
updater-supervisor -d

Nothing showed up on the terminal, the router seemed to be going along as if nothing happned, then at some point I tried creating a new ssh session and couldn’t, though it was still routing packets to the internet.

I poked around for troubleshooting tips in this thread and tried getting the update state:

root@gateway:/etc# cat /tmp/update-state/state
failure

I also had a number of notifications but those seemed normal for the update except for the last one:

This resulted in log files as follows:

updater[23208]: transaction.lua:252 (fun): Cleaning up control files
updater[23208]: repository.lua.lua:43 (Globals): Target Turris OS: 5.0.0
updater[23208]: requests.lua:406 (Globals): Syntax "Script('script-name', 'uri', { extra })" is deprecated and will be removed.
updater[23208]: src/pkgupdate/main.c:154 (main): 
[string "postprocess"]:46: Unable to finish URI (file:///usr/share/updater/localrepo/auto/Packages): Unable to open local file for reading
updater[23208]: src/lib/logging.c:204 (log_subproc_open): Executing postupdate hook: 05_schnapps.sh
updater[23208]: src/lib/logging.c:204 (log_subproc_open): Executing postupdate hook: 99_approvals_cleanup
updater-supervisor: pkgupdate exited with: 1
updater-supervisor: Notifier failed

I can provide more logs if anyone likes, but I didn’t want to spam the forum.

I also couldn’t immediately recover using the two LED schnapps rollback method. It reset and seemed to go on it’s merry way, but I was unable to ping the router from a statically set address and the DHCP server didn’t seem to be handing out IPs. I ended up doing the three LED factory reset, then was able to get a DHCP address. I then did the two LED schnapps rollback and that was successful.