OMNIA: Vlan on DSA port breaks arp responses (TOS 4.0.5)

Any pointers to which file that would be? I haven’t got much OpenWRT experience, so I wouldn’t know where to start looking…

Neither do I, but…

Several things, firstly I had a similar setup before using Turris OS 3 on two Omnia’s and a separate third router als AP. Never noticed any issues roaming with that. So I’m very inclined to say there is a serious regression there. (It looks to be the switch, but theoretically a bug in the software bridges might cause similar issues).

Secondly, there is a capture a few posts back which shows both tagged and untagged traffic getting out of a port which was configured to be untagged. That’s clearly faulty behaviour…

Before upgrading to Turris OS 4 I had a similar setup, the main router had Wifi and a separate router (Fritz!Box) was connected running as a dumb AP. I never noticed any issues when roaming from that AP to the Omnia or the other way around. From the perspective of the Omnia that’s a client moving from a Lan port to a Wlan port. Exactly the thing described here:

Now this last statement bothers me. I really don’t see why a switch or bridge would not learn mac’s from an ‘upstream’ port. If that holds true pretty shouldn’t pretty much any router that has an internal switch as well as Wlan have these issues? I’d expect the ‘uptream’ port on a switch chip to be just another port, perhaps supporting extra control features or a higher datarate but not fundamentally different.
But most of all, I really don’t recall seeing this sort of thing when still running Turris OS 3, which suggests to me it’s not some fundamental limitation of the hardware.