Notification about LXC running in internal memory is wrong!

I just started using LXC containers again, and today I received following notification:

Notification text

You are running container ubutst from internal memory which is not recommended and can severally damage your router! This is not covered by warranty! Please use storage module in Foris to move it somewhere else!

This is bug for 2 reasons:

1. I am booting my TO from M2 ssd, so I am not using internal memory anymore.
    The check in \etc\init.d\lxc-auto and \usr\lib\opkg\info\turris-version.postinst-pkg is wrong:
root@omnia:~# df /srv/lxc/ubutst/rootfs | grep ^$(df / | sed -n 's|\(/dev/[^[:blank:]]*\)[[:blank:]].*|\1|p')
/dev/sda1             62521668    859380  60898316   1% /
  1. The message is in English, but my Foris interface setting is Czech.

have you opened a bug ticket about it?

Tell me, where to open the ticket, and I can fill it.

Check this out:
https://doc.turris.cz/doc/en/howto/error_reporting

And maybe you can also use this:

I already checked documentation.
The link to GitLab is useless for me, as I would have to select a project for reporting an issue, which I dont know, and also, I would have to create an account to create an issue.

I have account here, and I am in section “SW bugs discussion”, so here is mine report.

No, forum is not meant to be for bug reporting or bug tracking. This was already said here many times. You can use search button for it. As it was advised, check the documentation for Bug reporting and send us email. Thank you for your cooperation.

Sorry, but in that case, why there is an section “SW bugs discussion”. I dont understand that. Why the section is not locked with only one pinned information where to report a bug.

And I cant agree, that the best way to report a bug, is to send an email, because no1 else would be able to discuss about the bug…

I have searched forum for and issue I am reporting, to not create duplicate, it was mentioned 2 times on the forum in new version release thread, but without any response, so I decided to create bug’s own thread.

If you checked that doc, you should have seen the very last line:

Technical support is available under tech.support@turris.cz.
Gitlab would be probably the best, but you can send mail too

A Forum is not a bugtracker, not designed for that, not good a workflow for developers.

1 Like

I see the misunderstanding here finaly. I dont want from developers to work on the bug here. Forum is indeed not bug tracker. @Fenevadkan with his first answer in this thread started meaningless conversation…

All I wanted was to report a bug, so that everyone will see and can find it. And respond from developer like, thanks for report, here is link to our gitlab to track the bug.

Thats my opinion, and I will stand for it.

I am not a Turris developer, just wanted to help you with information that I was aware of.
I have read about this in several places that devs stated they don’t read forum on a regular basis, lucky cases they might stumble into a forum post related to a bug here and there.
But thanks for the report in their name :slight_smile:

There is diference between creating ticker and asking about some software bug. Discussion can be on forum but when it comes to it it should be reported as issue to gitlab. I don’t see a problem even in asking on forum where some problem should be reported. We know that amount of projects that are part of Turris is overwhelming.

In short: Issues are expected to be some level of quality. Reproducible description of problem, affected versions and devices and so on. If you don’t have skills to get to such level then there are two paths: email to support or ask on forum. I think that both channels are good way to report bugs without deep knowledge.

There is also a second use case for software bugs section on forum and that is community support. Not everything is supported by us and issue might be closed as “won’t fix” by us just because it is outside of our scope. Forum in such case should serve as a landing place for such bugs and problems.

1 Like

issue might be closed as “won’t fix” by us just because it is outside of our scope

Do you have any public specification what is in “your scope”?

There is no exact specification. It changes. In general it is everything directly configurable from Foris as a baseline and features provided by package lists on top of that. Anything other is best effort of out of our scope. There are features such as Nextcloud which are not part of that definition but are somewhat supported.

Example of things that are out of our scope but we handle them with best effort are problems with packages compilation or external hardware support.

Things outside of our scope are bugs in software not configurable from Foris and not tied to that or configured outside of Foris possibilities. Such software is for example nginx.

I think, we got totally OT here. The bug, that is Turris team related, should be, according to me, reported on public place, like this forum, so everyone can find it. Otherwise you will get emails about same bug 100x, because, no one will know, that the bug is already reported.

Other variants for me was to find some Turris dev mailing-list like https://lkml.org/ (cause its public and searchable). Or create issue on GitLab/GitHub, but as mentioned by @cynerd, there are many projects, and I wasn’t sure where to create an issue.

@pepe Can you please move this OT discussion off this thread?