No wifi in mox A with MIMO module

I am having trouble with this wifi card as well and reseating the connections didn’t work or a factory reset. I’m running it as 2.4ghz and discovered having a guest network on it was causing problems. No guest network and so far it’s running fine.

If you’re having trouble, go into guest networks on Forris and turn it off and reboot. You can then turn a guest network back on for the other card.

I also noticed the top plate really pushes down on the wifi card where the antennas get plugged ion. I’d like to sand down that top plate some, but don’t want to ruin a warranty.

I know what you mean. But have you noticed that the top plate for the antenna is different, than the standard one. There are small cut-outs for wires. I have a warning sticker on it.

Wasn’t somebody commenting on this forum that new SDIO modules couldn’t be installed to “original” campaign Module A? Can’t find it anymore, maybe I google translated it from one of the cz threads.

I assumed the contact points were changed? But that talk then forced to support ticket by Turris team, so I can only make wild questimates what is really happening.

Same time, my support ticket has been ignored since 26.07.2019.

But please, if somebody receives “fixed” router, please take good pictures of it. So maybe we can reverse engineer what all things are wrong with these initial HW revisions.

1 Like

I know how you feel. Same here.

I know what you mean. But have you noticed that the top plate for the antenna is different, than the standard one. There are small cut-outs for wires. I have a warning sticker on it.

My top plate on the antenna isn’t any different except for the sticker.
No space for the wires. I hope this means they’ll be okay with cutting the plastic and not voiding my warranty.

Does anyone else have problems with a guest network on the SDIO wifi card? I’m wondering if I’m having a hardware problem I need to get fixed, or a software/firmware issue.

Guest: there’s a thread about multiple SSIDs not working ATM: Known issues with SDIO Wi-Fi module

Here you go. Warranty is question on somebody from the Turris team. My guess is nobody will spot the difference. I noticed the cut outs, because I folded the box badly.

@horada @kronwell - Did your device work when/if you received it back? Was A and SDIO modules swapped to new design? Any updates?

I might be willing to pay the expensive shipping fee, if I could this way get these hacked together campaign modules switched to proper production versions.

Hey, I received fixed router yesterday. According to description, they replaced the A module with a new one. Though, when I checked it, there was still that manually soldered piece. Nevertheless, the WiFi module works now as expected.

This magical secret information is generally described here between 25 – 27. I think the hack is the final product. The handicraft is now balanced with gold. Send it cash on delivery. :wink:

Update 25-27

Thanks, then I assume then I’m out of luck. :frowning:

Well… I assume I can ship it back anytime before 2 year warranty limit. So holding it and waiting something good/bad to happen is always an option. First trigger is to wait for stable firmware for SDIO module itself. As spending extra 40 euros (yes, shipping it back is that expensive) to get unfunctional SDIO module (that i already had paid once) isn’t a good idea.

I assume it will be cheaper to me just order new SDIO module, when those appear to stores? Hopefully I can just mark to order that I need modified connectors.

O happy times.

1 Like

DId you ask the manufacturer whether they would reimburse the shipping cost? With a RMA this would seem rather common practice and when I had to return a TO device such reimbursement been offered by the manufacturer.

That’s exactly what I meant, with my bad joke. Of course it’s not a good idea to send it back and forth. Without agreement.

They have totally ignored my ticket since they gave the address to ship it. So not a single response from support team since July 26th. Not even to clarify what images they wanted before I send it to them. So … I don’t have any communication channel to them, so I can’t ask anything.

I suggest to try it again or make a phone call, just don’t surender. Maybe your ticket was somehow lost. I am sure they will gonna fix your problem in the end. Fingers crossed

1 Like

Two days ago, I was asked to send my device back to Prague. I don’t need to send everything, the A-module, the SDIO module and parts of the plastic enclosure suffice. I can even keep the SD-card.

I think I will just give up: ship everything to Prague - and see what happens. Asking price for one new SDIO module is right now 58e, so looks like it will be little cheaper for me to just ship my existing device for repair. I understand that production batches are tiny, causing high prices. Benefits of modularity are anyway lost, when the cheapest module costs price of one fully functional OpenWrt router. Seeing these prices anyway scared me enough to ship my device for repair :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is it just me… but Turris support site has been throwing 403 error to me, from the day my Mox arrived to them. Can anybody else access support page? I would like to follow what is happening with my Mox.

403 right now, i did definitely use the site on the 12th this month, but you should get e-mail notifications - i think.

Yeah, I just got email update. So looks like things are moving forward, even with the support page being unreachable.