No response to MULTIPLE requests for help since FEBRUARY!

What is going on with customer service? Software on my router has problems since before FEBRUARY. I have submitted THREE requests for help and only had one response which said effectively ‘we are very busy’. How long am I expected to wait for a response>???

Sent: Monday, 15 April 2019 8:54 PM
To: ‘info@turris.cz’
Subject: No response after three months and three requests for assistance on support address; Can’t upload diagnostics file – #3765

I have tried a number of times to get help since January. No response except ‘we are very busy’.

I’ve tried five times to upload a diagnostics file – errors every time.

Can’t even upload an image of the error message!

So, I’m opening another request, because all my previous ones have been ignored!

Diagnostics file attached.

Sent: Monday, 11 February 2019 11:07 PM
To:
Subject: Re: RE: Can’t open LAN, WAN or Guest Menu in foris 99.1 [#003794]

Hello,

We’re dealing with a high volume of tickets and trying to solve them one by one. You will speed up solving your issue when you would include diagnostics as you have asked from them two times.

Have tried five times to upload diagnostics file. ERROR message every time !

BTW, are they these errors? https://gitlab.labs.nic.cz/turris/foris-controller/issues/72

In any case, without getting details in some way, it seems difficult to move such a report forward. (I most likely can’t directly move it myself or even see those reports, but this seems clear to me.)

When do you push this update publicly? Because I do have this error as well :slight_smile:

YES. Same problem.Thanks for replying. :slight_smile: Any idea how to resolve?

I expect it will be fixed in the next Turris OS release. If you don’t want to wait, it seems quite safe (to me) to do the one-line edit on the corresponding __init__.py by hand.

No, you don’t have the same issue as @vcunat mention. That one is completely different. See the red text and because of that, we’re mixing two issues, which is not good for troubleshooting or fixing it.

When you send e-mail to tech.support@turris.cz, you’re requested to send us diagnostics, which will speed up solving your issue and follow our documentation for Error reporting. In any of your message, I don’t see that you follow it. We were waiting for almost 2 months to have diagnostics from you. We are not able to help you if you don’t cooperate with us. Once we received diagnostics you, you opened all of your tickets even you have been told that there are a high volume of tickets and want to be the first, who will receive the response.

May I ask you if you read the second paragraph of the error page of the Foris? There is said, which is really important to be able to reproduce it - short description of the steps that led to the error, but in none of your emails there is no short description.

But let’s back to your issue, which you’re having. This was not caused by automatic updates, but due to some misconfiguration caused on your side in advanced administration interface LuCI. More details you will get in your created ticket.

Thank you for your understanding.

Oh right, I just trusted the claim and didn’t read it.

There is some significant misunderstanding going on here.

When you send e-mail to tech.support@turris.cz, you’re requested to send us diagnostics, which will speed up solving your issue and follow our documentation for Error reporting. In any of your message, I don’t see that you follow it. We were waiting for almost 2 months to have diagnostics from you.>>

I tried to upload the diagnostics file a number of times (as I stated in the reply) Every attempt failed (as I showed in screen grabs) After a while I gave up trying to upload the file and then emailled the file. In fact, I’ve emailled the diagnostics file THREE times now.

We are not able to help you if you don’t cooperate with us. >>

You need to fix your uploading capability so customers can upload files! I can’t upload files if your upload capability if broken!

Once we received diagnostics you, you opened all of your tickets even you have been told that there are a high volume of tickets and want to be the first, who will receive the response.>>

That was a number of months ago. (February) Do you have the diagnostics file now or not? How long is your turn-around time to support requests? Surely four months is not a acceptable time to respond to customer support requests?

May I ask you if you read the second paragraph of the error page of the Foris? There is said, which is really important to be able to reproduce it - short description of the steps that led to the error , but in none of your emails there is no short description.>>

I haven’t done anything to cause this error. There is nothing I can tell you about ‘something I did’ to cause the error, because I have not done anything in the configuration that has led to the error. I tried to enter these menus one day and there was the error which I have reported. i have not made changes to ‘cause’ the error.

What else do you want me to do?

Still nothing. No response.

1 Like

Still nothing. When can I expect some assistance?

1 Like

The ‘errors’ have now spontaneously been repaired with subsequent updates to the router firmware. This clearly suggests it was a flaw in the firmware somewhere. Very disappointed that there were no replies or responses to the service request for so long.