NFS NAS and network speed, performance tuning

For silence i slightly disagree - if you build your own NAS, it can be really silent. Not zero noise, but close to (even with AMD epyc + 128GB RAM + xTB SSD + decoupled HDD + several 10GBE NICs)
@SFP (not SFP+, only SFP+ is capable of 10GBE!): In the end it’s the CPU which is only providing 1GBE, so there’s no use in trying speeds beyond that. There’s no extra cost, TO is based on compex board utilizing this cage, which you have simply to take as a “package” including a SFP-slot (which is really interesting criteria, if you can use it to get rid of a ISP’s SFP-modem. Don’t know if there’s a single ISP out there providing 2,5GB fibre via SFP so I deem this 2,5GB as marketing measure only.)
@bonding/ link aggregation: have a look here. I’d really appreciate more thoughts on this topic, but you will definitely need a second NIC on your PC or a newer NIC (at least 2,5/5GBE) + network switch with at least one 2,5/5GBE port inbetween; second option is much more handy. And make sure to have a snapshot done before playing with those entries :wink: