Nextcloud not working

Recently, after a couple of upgrades, say 2 (currently on TOS 5.4.3), I no longer have Nextcloud working. I tried uninstall and install via reforis to no luck.
Initially I had the 503 error on the web interface and I noticed that mysqld was disabled. After mysqld restart, I get a new error:

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
More details can be found in the server log.

I have a lot of info stored and I don’t want to lose it.
How can I proceed?

Thank you.

I’m seeing the same problem, in different circumstances.

In order to solve an earlier problem, also with Nextcloud, after upgrade of TOS from 3.x to 5.x, I chose to run the HBT branch of TOS. Because of this, my unit has recently been upgraded automatically to TOS 6.0. After rebooting, mysql fails on startup; this prevents Nextcloud from working.

Here’s what happens when I try to start mysql manually:

root@turris:~# /etc/rc.d/S95mysqld start
2022-10-14 12:46:17 0 [Warning] Could not open mysql.plugin table. Some options may be missing from the help text
2022-10-14 12:46:17 0 [Warning] Could not open mysql.plugin table. Some options may be missing from the help text
2022-10-14 12:46:17 0 [Note] mysqld (mysqld 10.4.22-MariaDB) starting as process 9135 ...
2022-10-14 12:46:17 0 [Warning] Could not increase number of max_open_files to more than 1024 (request: 32184)
2022-10-14 12:46:17 0 [Warning] Changed limits: max_open_files: 1024  max_connections: 151 (was 151)  table_cache: 421 (was 2000)
2022-10-14 12:46:17 0 [Note] InnoDB: Using Linux native AIO
2022-10-14 12:46:17 0 [Note] InnoDB: Mutexes and rw_locks use GCC atomic builtins
2022-10-14 12:46:17 0 [Note] InnoDB: Uses event mutexes
2022-10-14 12:46:17 0 [Note] InnoDB: Compressed tables use zlib 1.2.11
2022-10-14 12:46:17 0 [Note] InnoDB: Number of pools: 1
2022-10-14 12:46:17 0 [Note] InnoDB: Using generic crc32 instructions
2022-10-14 12:46:18 0 [Note] InnoDB: Initializing buffer pool, total size = 64M, instances = 1, chunk size = 64M
2022-10-14 12:46:18 0 [Note] InnoDB: Completed initialization of buffer pool
2022-10-14 12:46:18 0 [Note] InnoDB: If the mysqld execution user is authorized, page cleaner thread priority can be changed. See the man page of setpriority().
2022-10-14 12:46:18 0 [Note] InnoDB: Starting crash recovery from checkpoint LSN=12013995807
2022-10-14 12:46:18 0 [ERROR] InnoDB: Missing MLOG_CHECKPOINT at 12013995807 between the checkpoint 12013995807 and the end 12013995816.
2022-10-14 12:46:18 0 [ERROR] InnoDB: Plugin initialization aborted with error Generic error
2022-10-14 12:46:18 0 [Note] InnoDB: Starting shutdown...
2022-10-14 12:46:19 0 [ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' init function returned error.
2022-10-14 12:46:19 0 [ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' registration as a STORAGE ENGINE failed.
2022-10-14 12:46:19 0 [ERROR] Unknown/unsupported storage engine: InnoDB
2022-10-14 12:46:19 0 [ERROR] Aborting
Failed to start upgrading instance of MariaDB.
root@turris:~# 

New Nextcloud documenation was released few days ago.

Thanks, Viktor. It would be helpful to have documentation on how to remove Nextcloud, leaving the Turris in a state ready for a clean re-installation.

I’ve tried shutting down mysqld, removing the file hierarchies below /srv/www/nextcloud/ and /srv/mysql/, using opkg to remove all apparently related packages,

# opkg remove '*nextcloud*'
# opkg remove '*maria*'

and then approving automatic re-installation in the reForis Updater screen.

This almost works, but access to the database is denied at the stage where I have to set up the Nextcloud administrative user. I wonder what step I’m missing.

I discovered what steps I was missing; there were three.

1. I needed a clean (if empty) mariadb installation before trying to run nextcloud_install.
  2. If nextcloud_install finds what seems to be an existing Nextcloud installation, it gives instructions on how to remove it so that a fresh instance can be installed.
  3. Files restored from backup into /srv/www/nextcloud/data/ must be registered in the database before they become visible to any Nextcloud (app or browser) client. This is possible using occ; although I wasn’t able to find this tool on the Turris, I added the OCC Web app for the admin user of my fresh Nextcloud instance, and used it to scan the file hierarchy and register the files.

I had the same issue, potentially because my external storage is encrypted and thus cannot be managed by reforis. For me, it was sufficient to stop mysqld, remove the ib logfiles and start again:

/etc/init.d/mysqld stop
rm -i /srv/mysql/ib_logfile*
/etc/init.d/mysqld start
2 Likes

Nextcloud stop working after TOS 6.0 upgrade

After upgrade to version 6.01 nextclous has stopped working and this screen appears (bottom image)
How can I solve?
to run a factory by default and start over?

the thing is really tiring, problems after problems on a router of this range
Help how do I solve that I enter in the fields?
Thank you

here’s news
a little while ago arrived after another update and restart now nextcloud has this error:
503 Service Unavailable

how do i proceed please?

Good news
through reForis I ran the default factory
omnia is back to the foris 100.5 version (the original purchase one)
without installing anything and configuring anything (only the strictly necessary type password, dns and wan)
now on notifications I have:

Error from 2022/10/23 00:20:51
Updater failed:
inconsistent: Candidate exists for virtual package ath10k-firmware-qca9888-ct-vary

in the main window there is only foris and Luci

How is it possible !!
even now with the factory reset there is no way to apply the updates
Is there anybody kindly who can help me?

See " Factory reset on Turris Omnia " Omnia - Turris Documentation - mode 6, which, if successful, will update your TO to latest version of system.

good morning,
I performed the update procedure from the internet (6 LEDs) without results perhaps because it was unable to connect to the internet
I connected the turris via its wan to the modem / router of the telephone operator … nothing to do

I was however able to update it to version 6.0.1 using the 4 LED procedure by downloading the latest MedKit from the turris website

now everything ok but not the nextcloud issue

the msata has been formatted and activated there the plugin plugin ===> OK
automatic updates turris ===> OK
i installed via reForis nextcloud ==> OK
restarted
on reForis a new Nexcloud Tab appears where I created the Administrator user, the configuration ends and I have this result:

Congratulations!
You have configured your Nextcloud now you can visit the site

when I go to enter the user and password (administration) just created in the nextcloud home it tells me “wrong user and / or password”

I’m sure they are right because I reset 4 LEDs twice to start over because uninstalling nextcloud via reForis then I had errors like the previous time

do you have any idea how to make this nexcloud work? could it be that the nextcloud plugin on reForis is having problems?

This is the errore nexcloud:

Wrong username or password.
We have detected many failed authentication attempts from your IP address. As a result, the next attempt is delayed by 30 seconds.

Good morning,
therefore nobody has a solution or procedure, I can’t use nextcloud on the Turris
i tried to reinstall via reForis but nothing changes

because if via USB I brought the OS to 6.0.1 with your medkit then when I install NextCloud from reForis (which installs your plugin) it always gives me an error ???
I did the procedure above 2 or 3 times with always the same result !!!

ErrorNEXT

Hi @tunEDO , I was able to reproduce the issue where the creation of the Nextcloud user fails on Turris OS 6.0.1. I filed an issue with the Turris team.

If you know how to access the router’s command line you can try the following workaround:

sudo -u nobody /usr/bin/php-cli /srv/www/nextcloud/occ user:add -g admin admin

This will only work after you went through the initial Nextcloud setup in reForis (which configures the database and a couple of other things), wait for the “Congratulations!” message.

Once you logged in you should delete the erroneously created Nextcloud user --daemon using Nextcloud’s user administration tools.

Good morning
sorry for the delay in replying!
I followed your procedure and it works!
Great

let’s hope the team fix it
Thanks again