NAS disk not visible under windows

Oooh well, it is isn’t as if i am 24/7 on Omnia. But i am 24/7 on Ubuntu. Almost never do something without terminal, so these commands are really beneficial. Thanks for the tips (/sbin and /bin)

@scottjl , btw can you recommend me to some kind of website that teach you all about Linux commands and to its structure from bottom up. I have been using Linux Ubuntu for some time, but all done on my own. That is why i time to time discover some commands i never knew about, like the one you mentioned.

Hmm. I can’t recommend any off the top of my head, sorry. I’ve been working with Unix over 30 years, I’ve learned a lot, forgotten a lot and try to learn something new every day.

You might try /r/ubuntu and /r/sysadmin. Certainly post your questions there, lots of helpful people. Ubuntu has forums over at https://ubuntuforums.org/

O’Reilly has lots of Linux books, “Linux in a Nutshell” might be a good place to start, but I personally haven’t read it.

I’d strongly recommend you learn a shell, bash is great and widespread. Zsh isn’t as widespread but is even better. I’ll also recommend learning screen or tmux (my preference is for tmux).

@scottjl, we are going way offtopic…see your PM. :laughing: