MOX Vlan6 on WAN

The issue could be caused by the NTU seeing the that M gets connectivity once the NTU is being rebooted. Could be that the NTU does not provide media sensing on its downstream ports and only broadcasts parameters downstream upon boot.

What happens when you:

1. disconnect the M from the NTU
  2. reboot the NTU
  3. reconnect the M to the NTU

?

not there at the moment, but i will give it a try. The thing is though that the older routers ( synology 1900 & draytek ) has and have zero issues with the ( Genexis Model OGG1012 ) NTU. So my guess is that it has something to do with the PPPoE part in the MOX?

Ok, tried

1. disconnect the M from the NTU
  2. reboot the NTU
  3. reconnect the M to the NTU

no problems. MOX is connecting without problem.

All is well/solved then? Or the issue still present when rebooting the M whilst being connected to the NTU?

problem is still there. When rebooting the MOX, connecting can take from 20 min to x hours ( random )
I m now busy with the turris people, and on another release channel, to see if things can be solved.

Ok, the foris errors at WAN and network still there, but i solved the connection issue with the NTU.

/cgi-bin/luci/admin/network/network/WAN and then activate '‘force link"’

Force link ?
Set interface properties regardless of the link carrier (If set, carrier sense events do not invoke hotplug handlers).

So, now, after reboot it connects in 5 seconds :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good that you found a working solution, just strange that there is apparently a media sensing issue then on the M, compared that the other devices mentioned do not exhibit such.

well, i assume that this force link is standard on, unless you start making your own WAN VLAN eg eth0.6. Then it is switched off by default?
Also, i tried eth1.6 and eth2.6 ( reading another topic about where the WAN port is…and it is def eth0 on the MOX.

oh well…keeps us busy! :slight_smile:

Just a note for anyone who would try to accomplish similar setup as @DIKKEHENK: Don’t remove wan interface, just make it unmanaged in Luci. Foris won’t crash in Wan tab and you are free to set your own wan interfaces as you like.

1 Like